Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Install The Newest Firefox ppa with command "add-apt-repository" (9.10 & above)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Arrow Re: One Nightly A Week PPA's Updated with Latest firefox-trunk 12.0~a1

Quote Originally Posted by r1ft View Post
    Does anyone know why? The last update (Lucid Lynx x64) was from almost a month ago (Dec 4)!
    https://launchpadlibrarian.net/88862...TOBUILD.txt.gz

Session terminated, killing shell...make[1]: *** wait: No child processes. Stop. make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... make[1]: *** wait: No child processes. Stop. make: *** [debian/stamp-xpcshell-tests] Terminated ...killed. Build killed with signal 15 after 150 minutes of inactivity ************************************************** **************************** Build finished at 20120101-0741 FAILED [dpkg-buildpackage died] Purging chroot-autobuild/build/buildd/firefox-trunk-12.0~a1~hg20111231r83575
    hmm no maybe Chris can advise?

Beans

Re: Install The Newest Firefox ppa with command "add-apt-repository" (9.10 & above)

Thank you for the quick reply! Does Chris frequent this forum? I've messaged him (and Fabien) previously when we didn't see Chromium updates for 3 months, but he didn't reply.

Beans

Re: Install The Newest Firefox ppa with command "add-apt-repository" (9.10 & above)

Thank you for the quick reply! Does Chris frequent this forum? I've messaged him (and Fabien) previously when we didn't see Chromium updates for 3 months, but he didn't reply.
    I wouldn't advise sending me e-mail if you want a quick reply. My inbox is currently running at ~25000 unread, and growing daily

I'm aware of the issue on Lucid (the tests hang). I'll fix it when I have some spare time. In the meantime if you want new builds for Lucid, feel free to help figuring out why it doesn't work

Beans
    Distro

Arrow Re: Install The Newest Firefox ppa with command "add-apt-repository" (9.10 & above)

Yes he usually keeps and eye on us , if not you could try #ubuntu-mozillateam on freenode.

PPA description

daily (or even multiple builds per day) for various mozilla projects and branches.
    For questions and bugs with software in this archive, please contact ubuntu-mozillateam@lists.ubuntu.com or visit #ubuntu-mozillateam on freenode.

UPDATE: see Chris's reply above.
    Last edited by SilverWave; January 2nd, 2012 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Chris replied

Beans
    Distro

Arrow Re: One Nightly A Week PPA's Updated with Latest firefox-trunk 12.0~a1

Does anyone know why? The last update (Lucid Lynx x64) was from almost a month ago (Dec 4)!

here is a link so we can easily keep an eye on progress:
    https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-mozilla-daily/+archive/ppa/+packages?field.name_filter=firefox-trunk&field.status_filter=&field.series_filter=luc id

Beans
    Distro

Arrow Enterprise/Firefox/ExtendedSupport:Proposal

Enterprise/Firefox/ExtendedSupportroposal

Interesting stuff:

• Firefox 10 will be the base version for the initial ESR and, assuming this is the case, Firefox 3.6 will be end-of-lifed on April 24th, 2012 (when Firefox 3.6 is end-of-lifed, an update to the current version of Desktop Firefox will be offered through the Application Update Service).
    • The ESR release will use the same version number as the version of Firefox it is based upon (e.g. if the ESR is based off of Firefox 10, the ESR version will also be 10)
    • The ESR point releases will follow Firefox conventions for point releases (e.g. 10.0.1, 10.0.2, etc.)
    • The ESR release will use the same application GUID as Firefox
    • Mozilla will backport security bugs qualified as "Critical" and "High" to the ESR where feasible (there may be cases where a backport cannot be applied with reasonable effort, and those cases are expected to be exceptional). Other security and stability backports to the ESR will be included at Mozilla's discretion.

Beans

The next Lucid build *should* be successful:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mozilla.../revision/1091

Beans
    Distro

Arrow The Future of Firefox Security

Interesting:

The Future of Firefox Security
    One of these efforts focused on making Firefox easier to update is called "hotfix addons."
    "What hotfix does is it gives us an extra tool to address issues we see in the field without having to push a brand new update," Nightingale explained. "It lets us push out updates in a targeted way and it lets us deliver a fix to our users without introducing a lot of the current interruption that a full software update involves."
    The hotfix feature will give Mozilla a way to patch a vulnerability or fix an important issue without requiring a full build. In some cases, there won't even be a need to restart the browser.

Beans
    Distro

Beans
    Distro

Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast