Page 41 of 72 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 714

Thread: Install The Newest Firefox ppa with command "add-apt-repository" (9.10 & above)

  1. #401
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Beans
    717
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Arrow One Nightly A Week PPA's Updated with Latest firefox-trunk 6.0~a1

    firefox-trunk 6.0~a1~hg20110520r69818+nobinonly-0ubuntu1~umd1~natty
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot-About Nightly.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	221.1 KB 
ID:	192792  
    Last edited by SilverWave; May 21st, 2011 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Added Details

  2. #402
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Beans
    717
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Arrow One Nightly A Week #3 - Oneiric PPA added

    PPA description

    The latest firefox without the update hassle.
    One Nightly a week from ubuntu-mozilla-daily.
    ______________________________
    One Nightly A Week #3 - Oneiric
    One update a week.
    firefox-trunk only
    ______________________________
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:silverwave/testing3
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install firefox-trunk
    ______________________________
    Disclaimer: Use at your own risk, no guarantees.
    Last edited by SilverWave; May 21st, 2011 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Added Details

  3. #403
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Beans
    717
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Arrow New Firefox Beta PPA's

    Firefox Beta - Natty

    https://launchpad.net/~silverwave/+archive/testing4

    The latest firefox Beta.
    From mozillateam/firefox-next.
    ______________________________
    Firefox Beta - Natty #testing4
    firefox only
    ______________________________
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:silverwave/testing4
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install firefox
    ______________________________


    Firefox Beta - Maverick

    https://launchpad.net/~silverwave/+archive/testing5
    The latest firefox Beta.
    From mozillateam/firefox-next.
    ______________________________
    Firefox Beta - Maverick #testing5
    firefox only
    ______________________________
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:silverwave/testing5
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install firefox
    ______________________________


    Firefox Beta - Lucid

    https://launchpad.net/~silverwave/+archive/testing6

    The latest firefox Beta.
    From mozillateam/firefox-next.
    ______________________________
    Firefox Beta - Lucid #testing6
    firefox only
    ______________________________
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:silverwave/testing6
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install firefox
    ______________________________


    Beta – builds created out of the mozilla-beta repository.
    Qualified by QA as being of sufficient quality to release to beta users

    Note1: I haven't tested these yet but the should be OK as they are beta's
    Note2: We are up to firefox - 5.0~b2+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu0
    Last edited by SilverWave; May 24th, 2011 at 11:59 PM. Reason: updated text re #404

  4. #404
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Solihull, UK
    Beans
    1,413

    Re: New Firefox Beta PPA's

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWave View Post
    Firefox Beta - Natty

    https://launchpad.net/~silverwave/+archive/testing4

    The latest firefox Beta without the update hassle.
    From mozillateam/firefox-next.
    ______________________________
    Firefox Beta - Natty #testing4
    firefox only
    ______________________________
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:silverwave/testing4
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install firefox
    ______________________________


    Firefox Beta - Maverick

    https://launchpad.net/~silverwave/+archive/testing5
    The latest firefox Beta without the update hassle.
    From mozillateam/firefox-next.
    ______________________________
    Firefox Beta - Maverick #testing5
    firefox only
    ______________________________
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:silverwave/testing5
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install firefox
    ______________________________


    Firefox Beta - Lucid

    https://launchpad.net/~silverwave/+archive/testing6

    The latest firefox Beta without the update hassle.
    From mozillateam/firefox-next.
    ______________________________
    Firefox Beta - Lucid #testing6
    firefox only
    ______________________________
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:silverwave/testing6
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install firefox
    ______________________________


    Beta – builds created out of the mozilla-beta repository.
    Qualified by QA as being of sufficient quality to release to beta users

    Note1: I haven't tested these yet but the should be OK as they are beta's
    Note2: We are up to firefox - 5.0~b2+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu0
    You say "The latest firefox Beta without the update hassle", but what hassle is that with the beta PPA?

  5. #405
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Beans
    717
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Arrow Re: New Firefox Beta PPA's

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisccoulson View Post
    You say "The latest firefox Beta without the update hassle", but what hassle is that with the beta PPA?
    Not much its just about perfect...

    Except Firefox is not the only package in the PPA.

    It was also pretty much boiler plate text, so I have removed it now it has been pointed out
    Last edited by SilverWave; May 24th, 2011 at 11:59 PM. Reason: updated text re #404

  6. #406
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Solihull, UK
    Beans
    1,413

    Re: New Firefox Beta PPA's

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWave View Post
    Not much its just about perfect...

    Except Firefox is not the only package in the PPA.
    The reason for that is because users who had those packages installed before installing the beta will want the updates from the PPA so that they carry on working.

  7. #407
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Beans
    717
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Arrow Interesting... abrowser to be dropped?

    https://launchpad.net/~mozillateam/+...-archive-extra

    * Rebase packaging on Natty, some notable changes: * Drop abrowser. The abrowser branding doesn't work since Firefox 4, and is going to be difficult to maintain going forwards. The Firefox logo is freely licensed now, which was the main reason for the existance of abrowser. Current abrowser users will be migrated to Firefox

    -- Chris Coulson
    >The Firefox logo is freely licensed now

    Well that's good news

  8. #408
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Beans
    717
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Arrow Re: New Firefox Beta PPA's

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWave View Post
    Firefox Beta - Natty

    https://launchpad.net/~silverwave/+archive/testing4

    The latest firefox Beta.
    From mozillateam/firefox-next.
    ______________________________
    Firefox Beta - Natty #testing4
    firefox only
    ______________________________
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:silverwave/testing4
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install firefox
    ______________________________


    Beta – builds created out of the mozilla-beta repository.
    Qualified by QA as being of sufficient quality to release to beta users

    Note1: I haven't tested these yet but the should be OK as they are beta's
    Note2: We are up to firefox - 5.0~b2+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu0

    Updated Firefox to 5b2 on Natty 64bit and I have some issues:

    1. Zoom not working [Fixed #413]
    2. The "About Help" gives an error (see screenshot) [Fixed#412]

    Note that this is not a clean profile and I have a lot of add-ons.

    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0 ID:20110523215551

    [Update]
    >1. Zoom not working
    This was down to NoSquint - disable, reboot and Zoom works OK.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot-Untitled Window.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	193089  
    Last edited by SilverWave; May 25th, 2011 at 08:23 PM. Reason: #413 #412

  9. #409
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Solihull, UK
    Beans
    1,413

    Re: New Firefox Beta PPA's

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWave View Post
    Updated Firefox to 5b2 on Natty 64bit and I have some issues:

    1. Zoom not working
    2. The "About Help" gives an error (see screenshoot)

    Note that this is not a clean profile and I have a lot of add-ons.

    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0 ID:20110523215551

    [Update]
    >1. Zoom not working
    This was down to NoSquint - disable, reboot and Zoom works OK.
    I'm guessing you have the addon compatibility reporter installed? If so, then the incompatible Firefox 4 translation packs will still be enabled, causing the error you see in Help -> About

  10. #410
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Beans
    717
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Arrow Re: New Firefox Beta PPA's

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisccoulson View Post
    I'm guessing you have the addon compatibility reporter installed? If so, then the incompatible Firefox 4 translation packs will still be enabled, causing the error you see in Help -> About
    Yes thanks for the advice, it did the trick

    hmm now, how to uninstall them... /goes looking
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot-About Mozilla Firefox.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	113.0 KB 
ID:	193148  
    Last edited by SilverWave; May 25th, 2011 at 05:38 PM.

Page 41 of 72 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •