Thread: Acer Aspire One Ethernet Problem (9.10 Netbook Remix)

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Acer Aspire One Ethernet Problem (9.10 Netbook Remix)

I recently convinced my gf to put Ubuntu on her computer, the first problem I noticed however was that upon installation it would not let her install Ubuntu side by side with Windows 7 like it did for me.

She decided to go ahead anyway much to my worried behavior. I figured that the wired connection would at least work like it did for me.

I got her to install Karmic Koala Netbook Remix, on an Acer Aspire One Kav60, the problem is the wired connection does not work.

The wireless also does not work (which did not surprise me), what surprised me was the wired connection not working. However it does detect a connection, she can select it through the network manager however when the connection is clicked on the network manager will load for a few minutes and then tell her that it was disconnected.

She's now left with a laptop with no internet access, :\ any kinda easy fix here to get the wired connection back up, I'm not sure what's going on since I assumed the wired connection would work perfectly.

NVM!! D: It was just her internet crapping out, I made her unplug and replug her modem and it worked fine. If you can delete this thread, that would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Gaygerbil; July 20th, 2010 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Fixed. :]