Page 74 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: Linux on 7" mini netbook ARM-VT8500 ?

Beans

Re: Linux on 7" mini netbook ARM-VT8500 ?

Quote Originally Posted by mmanu View Post
    dev/mmcblk0p1 --> /mnt/sd is that what you want to know? that's your code so i must have misunderstood something

that's my first debian and i'm feeling ... hummmm ... naked
    Odd, the script looks for a filesystem at mmcblk0p1...

As for the nudity - it's pretty much a raw debootstrap bare-bones install, with some drivers hiding underneath... get installing some stuff! (meet your new friend apt-get, and your new enemy df)
    Last edited by abrasive; April 15th, 2010 at 07:58 PM.

Beans

i'm trying you're wi-on and it failed to read the wpa_supplicant.conf (it doesn't exist)
    wpa_supplicant -B -Dwext -ira0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -P /var/run/wpa_supplicant.pid
    i've replaced wpa_supplicant.conf by wpa_supplicant/ (not bad: no errors )

but dhcpdiscover fails systematically ...

Beans

i'm trying you're wi-on and it failed to read the wpa_supplicant.conf (it doesn't exist)
    wpa_supplicant -B -Dwext -ira0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -P /var/run/wpa_supplicant.pid
    i've replaced wpa_supplicant.conf by wpa_supplicant/ (not bad: no errors )

but dhcpdiscover fails systematically ...
    You need to create a wpa_supplicant.conf so it knows which networks to connect to! see 'man wpa_supplicant.conf' for the full version, but you can get by with something like:
    Code:
     network={
        ssid="My Wifi Network"
        psk="super-secret-passphrase"
    }
    Also, older versions of 'wi-on' are missing a 'sleep 2' between the modprobe and the wpa_supplicant call - the driver takes a while to come up, and gets confused if you try and talk to it too early.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by abrasive View Post
    Odd, the script looks for a filesystem at mmcblk0p1...

As for the nudity - it's pretty much a raw debootstrap bare-bones install, with some drivers hiding underneath... get installing some stuff! (meet your new friend apt-get, and your new enemy df)
    apt-get is an old friend of mine & i haven't got any trouble with df... yet! dhclient is one of my best known enemy and once again he's here for me!!

what's your new extpart.tgz & cursor_fix?

Beans

apt-get is an old friend of mine & i haven't got any trouble with df... yet! dhclient is one of my best known enemy and once again he's here for me!!

what's your new extpart.tgz & cursor_fix?
    To paraphrase the FIX notice: You may have noticed the cursor is invisible by default in the virtual consoles - the WonderMedia framebuffer driver is incomplete. I've hacked the framebuffer-console driver to hook a software cursor into it. This fixes the problem, superseding my previous workarounds (in startup and terminfo). The new extpart merges the fix; to apply it without reinstalling, grab the fix file and `tar xzf cursor_fix.tgz -C /`

Beans

@abrasive

hi,
    thanks a lot for your job, i'm really happy to finally send wince to trash...
    could you make a "changelog" for your extpart & fatpart ?
    thanks

Beans

Thumbs down Re: Linux on 7" mini netbook ARM-VT8500 ?

Quote Originally Posted by dadwarf View Post
    @abrasive

hi,
    thanks a lot for your job, i'm really happy to finally send wince to trash...
    could you make a "changelog" for your extpart & fatpart ?
    thanks
    I should have started versioning when I first uploaded a changed tarball...
    the current version is stable enough I'm going to call it 1.0; expect changelogs from here on.

Beans

ok. wifi works & i'm looking for a windows manager as pretty & as light as the android one.any suggestion?

and maybe if someone has an easy way to configure my azerty keyboard, it'll be nice
    Last edited by mmanu; April 16th, 2010 at 07:23 AM.

Beans

Posted instructions on changing the boot logo, for those who don't like penguins.

http://bur.st/~abrasive/wm8505_linux/useful/boot-logo/
    Last edited by abrasive; April 16th, 2010 at 07:19 AM.

Beans

Hi guys,
    Firstly, thanks to abrasive for the debian!
    I have a bit of a request; as far as linux goes, i can use it and can do pretty much anything i want on. What I dont know how to do is the whole apt-get, etc and setting things like that up (command line scares me!). My request is this: Would it be possible to have a version that i can install with x11, browser, file manager and things like that. I know i really should be reading up on these things and doing it myself, so that I might actually learn something, but with my uni exams round the corner, i have no spare time and i actually use my netbook at uni. I would be forever greatful if someone could create this.
    At the moment i am using android, and it is a relief from wince. However, it is too much of a touch screen mobile os, and isnt the most comfortable thing to use on our netbooks.
    Many thanks
    Moblo

Page 74 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast