Page 120 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1233

Thread: Linux on 7" mini netbook ARM-VT8500 ?

Beans

Re: Linux on 7" mini netbook ARM-VT8500 ?

I'm almost finished with a new version Gentoo 'distro' which I have tested on a VT8500 BV7.
    Other hardware might work, but I have never tested it.

In my version the netbook should at least do something when inserting the SD-card with the scriptcmd directory

If you use my version and end up with a garbled display or stalled boot-process then that's good news: it works (almost).

Here are the former versions for download:
    http://trac.freya-webtechniek.nl/tra...i/DownloadList

passwd for root is 'easypc12'

Beans

Hey, I'm completely new to the whole Linux thing. I understand basic Linux terms and stuff, but otherwise I'm a complete noob.

Anyway, the thread is quite interesting because of it's potential applications. I have found a mini netbook that runs android 2.2 native with an 800mhz Via arm 8650. Is there a Linux distro that I can run on it?

I want to know since if I can download a Linux distro there is a possibility to run small games like Starcraft, or quake or even Half Life on the netbook, thus transforming it into a tiny gaming device. I would also like to know if this is possible. Thanks

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by WendyB View Post
    I'm almost finished with a new version Gentoo 'distro' which I have tested on a VT8500 BV7.
    Other hardware might work, but I have never tested it.

In my version the netbook should at least do something when inserting the SD-card with the scriptcmd directory

If you use my version and end up with a garbled display or stalled boot-process then that's good news: it works (almost).

Here are the former versions for download:
    http://trac.freya-webtechniek.nl/tra...i/DownloadList

passwd for root is 'easypc12'
    can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE and once more PLEASE do something for the WM8505 as well....lol....i seem to be in the group of people that CANNOT do anything with it ! it always just hangs when trying to load ANYTHING into it. and if i shut it off because of the hanging and it boots back up it just hangs on the logo screen. and boy o boy i've tried EVERY different script out there, and they all do the exact same damn thing......NOTHING...lol....all i can do is sit back and keep watching these sites for someone to finally fix this crazy *** problem ... and no one seems to know why these units won't load the scripts (or whatever the OS is called). of if someone does know i've never been able to get an answer why....so i BEG of you to do a WM8505 as well.lol...i bought the unit from the classifieds for my 5 year old to have her own laptop..but when i got it home and plugged it in all i had was a black screen so i've never even been able to use it..lol...i currently have it ripped apart (which was the only way i was able to find out it was a WM8505) because these chinesse clones are horrible when your trying to find a model # or anything like that..

anyways, thanks for hopefully helpin a dude out !!!! lol

cheers,

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy11 View Post
    can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE and once more PLEASE do something for the WM8505 as well....lol....i seem to be in the group of people that CANNOT do anything with it ! it always just hangs when trying to load ANYTHING into it. and if i shut it off because of the hanging and it boots back up it just hangs on the logo screen. and boy o boy i've tried EVERY different script out there, and they all do the exact same damn thing......NOTHING...lol....all i can do is sit back and keep watching these sites for someone to finally fix this crazy *** problem ... and no one seems to know why these units won't load the scripts (or whatever the OS is called). of if someone does know i've never been able to get an answer why....so i BEG of you to do a WM8505 as well.lol...i bought the unit from the classifieds for my 5 year old to have her own laptop..but when i got it home and plugged it in all i had was a black screen so i've never even been able to use it..lol...i currently have it ripped apart (which was the only way i was able to find out it was a WM8505) because these chinesse clones are horrible when your trying to find a model # or anything like that..

anyways, thanks for hopefully helpin a dude out !!!! lol

cheers,
    Not only that but windows CE 6 on these things is just horrible, it just seems like a fat and over sized OS for these things and I would love to get Linux on it because frankly I'm starting to grow on Linux over Windows. 'Sadly Windows looks at his large space capacity shrinking beneeth his feet as Linux slowly consumes all that is Windows.'

I have tried almost all the methods for the ARM8505 and I just get stuck at installing or booting or what have you. The one that requires Fat 32 and EXT2 just wont find the Extpart.tgz file no matter how I place it on the SD card and in Ubuntu the card gets locked and I need root permission to put anything on and I am not THAT skilled (or skilled at all for that matter) with ubuntu

Beans

TPB has a torrent for wm8505. I found that via blekko, second page of results, or thereabouts.
    https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/601...roid__linux%29
    There is also projectgus which, if I remember, has a fair bit on the 8505 netbooks.
    I cant help any further than that, because .. mine is 8500.

Beans

Linux on 10" netbook s3c2450

I've just came into ownership of this netbook. However, it seems to be a branded version:

http://www.menqgroup.com/products/pro/E102a.asp

It has a samsung s3c2450 533mhz, 128mb RAM and 2gb flash. It has a 10 inch screen, 3 USB ports, microphone and headphone jacks, and an sdcard port. The Operating system is Windows CE 6.

I've been following this thread with interest, but there there is much to read. It is my hope that I can boot a working Linux on my machine. However, what would be needed in order for this to happen? Any help on this would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mark

Beans

Hi JL2

This appears to be the only working LINK for getting hold of the "easyPC linux 0.2" operating system for netbooks.

Non of the other links work from this forum.

Also, long google searches and other forums revealed no
    way of getting hold of "easyPC linux 0.2"

So thanks for that

Vince.

Quote Originally Posted by jl2 View Post
    TPB has a torrent for wm8505. I found that via blekko, second page of results, or thereabouts.
    https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/601...roid__linux%29
    There is also projectgus which, if I remember, has a fair bit on the 8505 netbooks.
    I cant help any further than that, because .. mine is 8500.

Beans

hello

yes. Your link also has the ANGSTROM LINUX operating system
    for the wm8050 chip machines. That is real handy.

"mini2440simpleX11GnomeMatchbox-image-mini2440"

(that is the operating system file above....it's a Linux
    Operating system)

Vince.

Beans

Hello

your link also helps by mentioning "daupara" under Linux
    operating systems

I searched that word above and it brings you to the proper
    FULL Debian Linux with x11 and fluxbox ....for wm8050 chip
    machines.

here is that operating system file for download.

http://www.daupara.de/wm8505_linux/extpart.tgz

Basically, your link shows FOUR versions of linux for these
    netbooks. There is infact a FIFTH version now which is free
    and is based on Gentoo and works on vt8500 chip machines.

The best Linux for the wm8050 machines is what i have listed
    above here.

I wonder if this Debian Linux above will work on wm8650 chip
    machines. It's a faster newer chip inside netbooks

Thanks

Vince.

Beans

Hello

i have found so much about these netbooks today.

You can now run Android 2.2 Froyo on the wm8050 machine.

This android has full proper flash support in the web browser.

All the details about this android version are at

http://projectgus.com/2010/11/froyo-...for-eken-m001/

it also works on SLATES containing the wm8050 chip.

There are, infact, lots of Debian linux builds for the chinese
    slates with wm8050 chips.

Vince.

Page 120 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122 ... LastLast