Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No sound after suspend/hibernate

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: No sound after suspend/hibernate

deleting the folder did not do anything for me, any other ideas??
    let me know if you need other info.
    Toshiba Satellite P100 Ubuntu 9.10 Intel Centrino Duo 1.83Ghz 3.00GB RAM GeForce Go 7300 512mb

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Have you tried reinstalling pulse?

sudo apt-get autoremove --purge pulseaudio

then.........

sudo apt-get install pulseaudio
    My Launchpad
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Wiki Page

Beans

Any luck? I'm running Fedora but have the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by whalogreg View Post
    I recently did a fresh install of 9.10 on my Gateway MD7818 laptop. I've never had any issues with sound before on this laptop with linux or windows until now. When ever my laptop sits unused for a period of time, or goes into suspend OR hibernate, I lose sound after waking it up. Any idea where I can start with this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Hello all,

I have a Dell Dimension 4600 with an MAudio Delta 44 sound card on Ubuntu Studio 8.04. I also have the same problem in which my audio is muted when I resume from suspend/hibernate.

I have tried some of the hints posted earlier in this thread and that didn't work, the latter part of the thread just confuses me.

Anyway, what I found that DOES get me my audio back without rebooting is to go into the terminal and type this:

sudo alsa force-reload

This DOES get my sound back. Now I know the easy way out would be to create a button on my desktop to click on when my computer resumes, BUUUUT, I don't want that, I would like my machine to resume WITH my sound restored as well without any extra hoop jumping. Does anyone know of a way to get that?

Thank You,

Geo
    Exit Light, Enter Night, Take My Hand, We're Off To Never Never Land.
    As the Fios Flea says, "W-O-W"!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Well a work around that has worked for me was upon resume

Volume Control > Mute All> Unmute

And sound resumes. Again it's just a work around.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by jfenn2199 View Post
    Well a work around that has worked for me was upon resume

Volume Control > Mute All> Unmute

And sound resumes. Again it's just a work around.
    I'm running ubuntu 10.04 lucid lynx.

The mute all --> unmute thing works for me as well. Thanks for the tip!

Now if I could just figure out how to automate that.

-teet

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by teet View Post
    I'm running ubuntu 10.04 lucid lynx.

The mute all --> unmute thing works for me as well. Thanks for the tip!

Now if I could just figure out how to automate that.

-teet
    Wish that worked for me. Still got nothing on this..

Beans
    Distro

Hello All,

I am surprised that I am reading that Lucid still has the hibernate/resume problem with the audio. You think after all the versions since Gutsy that they would have solved that issue by now. I am a little peeved about reading that.

At any rate what has been working on my system (currently Hardy) is:

sudo alsa force-reload

I have since made made a desktop button so I don't have to type that every time in the terminal, but I still have to enter my password, and that is a pain. If I COULD automate it on resume, then I would be fine with that. What would be better is if you could disable the mute on hibernate in the first place.

Geo

Beans

I'm having the same problem with no sound after resuming from hibernation and none of the posted solutions work. I'm running the AMD 64 bit version of 10.10 on a Gateway laptop.

In addition to the sound problem, my touchpad doesn't work on resume either. It takes a restart to get it to work.

I'm new to ubuntu and these forums. Is there a "bug tracker" or something similar so that I can see if this is a know bug that is being worked on?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by woodensoul View Post
    I'm having the same problem with no sound after resuming from hibernation and none of the posted solutions work. I'm running the AMD 64 bit version of 10.10 on a Gateway laptop.

In addition to the sound problem, my touchpad doesn't work on resume either. It takes a restart to get it to work.

I'm new to ubuntu and these forums. Is there a "bug tracker" or something similar so that I can see if this is a know bug that is being worked on?
    Hello, Welcome to the forums.

I hate to be the harbinger of bad news, but this has been an on-going problem that for some reason never gets properly fixed. I have a new machine now with Lucid 10.04 and what happens now is worse than the issue I had with 8.04. Yes, that is right, it is worse. Now my machine gets stuck in a loop when it goes into hibernate. In fact it does this with all power saving modes.

As of now I have given up on using hibernate with Ubuntu and just let the screen go into a screen saver and if I know I am going to be away from the machine long, I just turn it off.

It does strike me as weird as to why a simple (or what seems to be a simple) issue like this has been lingering from release to release. I have reported it several times (as many others have I am sure of that). It could be that it may not be a priority issue. I hope it does get fixed soon though. At least with version 8.04, all I had to do was create a script button to initiate the sound reset when I returned to my machine. Now I can't even use hibernate at all.

I have not looked into a work around for 10.04 (or above), but there might be one.

Good luck!

Geo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast