Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Installing Firefox 3.6 "Namoroka"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Installing Firefox 3.6 "Namoroka"

Quote Originally Posted by isaacalves27 View Post
    Can you help me to have my browser updated only to stable releases? (At least on this machine )

Thanks again!
    Remove mozilla-daily from your Software Sources.

Keep only firefox-stable there.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks! I ll do it as you say.

have a nice day

Beans
    Distro

A few people asked about java-plugin for Firefox 3.6.

Based on http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...7&postcount=25

Install Java:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove --purge icedtea6-plugin
    sudo apt-get install sun-java6-plugin
    Icedtea does not have compatible plugin for Firefox 3.6. Sun Java does. More info about this change.

32-bit Firefox:
    Code:
    sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin.so mozilla-javaplugin.so /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/lib/i386/libnpjp2.so 50
    64-bit Firefox:
    Code:
    sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin.so mozilla-javaplugin.so /usr/lib64/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so 50
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by michael37; February 4th, 2010 at 05:28 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

sorry michael37

i tried to do what u say but i dont now how to.. too newbie on this..

i have managerd to install the java though.. but gmail is still making my mozilla crash.. any ideas why?

Beans

I've been experiencing a decrease in speed when loading flash files ever since I switched to 3.6. Some videos in youtube are taking too long to load. This site in particular, I've let it sit for like 45 minutes now and it has only loaded like 2 minutes. I tried checking it with my brother's Windows laptop and the speed seems to be fine. What could be causing this problem?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by poiret View Post
    I've been experiencing a decrease in speed when loading flash files ever since I switched to 3.6. Some videos in youtube are taking too long to load. This site in particular, I've let it sit for like 45 minutes now and it has only loaded like 2 minutes. I tried checking it with my brother's Windows laptop and the speed seems to be fine. What could be causing this problem?
    My only guess would be to set your proxy options to "No proxy" under Firefox's advanced settings.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

So, I just "upgraded" to 3.6 from 3.5.8.

So far I like the minor changes that I can see.

HOWEVER, I'm a little annoyed that I now have to choose between having a Theme or a Persona. In 3.5.x I could choose to have both a custom theme with a persona. Now they are mutually incompatible with. What I find most annoying is that when I click on "Get Themes" in Add-ons, it takes me to the Personas page! It seems that Mozilla likes its default icon set and wants to put their thumb on the themes dev community...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Question Re: Installing Firefox 3.6 "Namoroka"

Hi,

I cannot upgrade from firefox 3.5.8 to 3.6 at all, despite following instructions from either post #3 by drubin or post #8 by Silver Wave. Help>About keeps showing 3.5.8.

What should I do?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

It's weird! "Install firefox-3.6" did not upgrade the browser version at all, but "install firefox" just upgraded my browser from 3.5.8 to 3.6.2pre (Namoroka). Other than the FF icon that needs to be reinstated, all bookmarks and extensions are intact. Thank you all!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by iClouseau88 View Post
    It's weird! "Install firefox-3.6" did not upgrade the browser version at all, but "install firefox" just upgraded my browser from 3.5.8 to 3.6.2pre (Namoroka). Other than the FF icon that needs to be reinstated, all bookmarks and extensions are intact. Thank you all!
    Sounds like you updated using mozilla-daily ppa, not firefox-stable. Be very careful, unless you are sure you know what you did.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast