Thread: OpenCV wont make?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Red face OpenCV wont make?

(assuming this is accessibility as its controling the cursor withought the mouse)

yeah i've been trying to install OpenCV yet it wont make...it comes up with this line of code in the terminal

Code:
    make  all-recursive
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/opencv-1.0.0'
    Making all in cxcore
    make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/opencv-1.0.0/cxcore'
    Making all in src
    make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/opencv-1.0.0/cxcore/src'
    if /bin/bash ../../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I. -I../../cxcore/include -I../..  -DNDEBUG   -Wall -fno-rtti -pipe -O3 -g -march=i686 -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -MT cxalloc.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/cxalloc.Tpo" -c -o cxalloc.lo cxalloc.cpp; \
        then mv -f ".deps/cxalloc.Tpo" ".deps/cxalloc.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/cxalloc.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
     g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I. -I../../cxcore/include -I../.. -DNDEBUG -Wall -fno-rtti -pipe -O3 -g -march=i686 -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -MT cxalloc.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/cxalloc.Tpo -c cxalloc.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/cxalloc.o
    In file included from _cxcore.h:60,
                     from cxalloc.cpp:42:
    ../../cxcore/include/cxmisc.h:133:6: error: #elif with no expression
    make[3]: *** [cxalloc.lo] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/opencv-1.0.0/cxcore/src'
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/opencv-1.0.0/cxcore'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/opencv-1.0.0'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    Thanks in advance if u can help

Beans

Re: OpenCV wont make?

Did u get the solution. I'm facing the same problem.
    Please do help....

Have either of you checked the OpenCV wiki?
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

OpenCV 2.x does build using the recipe from the OpenCV wiki. http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/InstallGuide_Linux. The samples run. I don't have a webcam. Some of the samples require webcam.

Two things:

I wished I had used check install instead of make install to gain package removal.

the ubuntu repositories for OpenCV 1.0 make you remove one of the codec libs used by video programs, but that doesn't seem to affect ffmpeg.

Everyone seems overly-eager to make Face Recognition with OpenCV and a webcam. I want Object Recognition from a file graphic. So now, I'm trying to link OpenCV - Java - Processing. I have a link issue, Processing wants OpenCV 1.0. I may push on and try [shudder] JNI to use the OpenCV 2.0 libs.
    "You don't do art because you want to, no, you do art because you have to." -- M. Buonarroti

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.10 Edgy

For all the people finding this topic through google (like me): I 'solved' this problem by commenting out the line cxcore/include/cxmisc.h:133 + 134. Make went fine after that. I am now at the stage of compiling against the lib but i think this does not change the functionality.

This is how the part now looks:
    Code:
    #elif defined HAVE_ALLOCA
        #include <stdlib.h>
    //#elif
    //    #error
    #endif
    Last edited by Frizzle; March 29th, 2011 at 09:13 PM.

Beans

Apparently a newer version of GCC changes the pre-processor, so this command elif without any expression will result in a compilation error.

http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.4/porting_to.html

So, to fix this change the elif to else, and it compiles functionally.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle View Post
    For all the people finding this topic through google (like me): I 'solved' this problem by commenting out the line cxcore/include/cxmisc.h:133 + 134. Make went fine after that. I am now at the stage of compiling against the lib but i think this does not change the functionality.

This is how the part now looks:
    Code:
    #elif defined HAVE_ALLOCA
        #include <stdlib.h>
    //#elif
    //    #error
    #endif
    instead of commenting out line 133-134, you should change "#elif" to "#else". that is the proper way to do it. but i am not sure if it makes a difference...

Beans

Are you aware that openCV is in the repositories? It is called libcv though.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by The End of The World View Post
    (assuming this is accessibility as its controling the cursor withought the mouse)

yeah i've been trying to install OpenCV yet it wont make...it comes up with this line of code in the terminal

Code:
    make  all-recursive
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/opencv-1.0.0'
    Making all in cxcore
    make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/opencv-1.0.0/cxcore'
    Making all in src
    make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/opencv-1.0.0/cxcore/src'
    if /bin/bash ../../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I. -I../../cxcore/include -I../..  -DNDEBUG   -Wall -fno-rtti -pipe -O3 -g -march=i686 -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -MT cxalloc.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/cxalloc.Tpo" -c -o cxalloc.lo cxalloc.cpp; \
        then mv -f ".deps/cxalloc.Tpo" ".deps/cxalloc.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/cxalloc.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
     g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I. -I../../cxcore/include -I../.. -DNDEBUG -Wall -fno-rtti -pipe -O3 -g -march=i686 -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -MT cxalloc.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/cxalloc.Tpo -c cxalloc.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/cxalloc.o
    In file included from _cxcore.h:60,
                     from cxalloc.cpp:42:
    ../../cxcore/include/cxmisc.h:133:6: error: #elif with no expression
    make[3]: *** [cxalloc.lo] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/opencv-1.0.0/cxcore/src'
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/opencv-1.0.0/cxcore'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/opencv-1.0.0'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    Thanks in advance if u can help

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...r-debian-lenny

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

From the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct.
    If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.
    Thread closed.