I got ubuntu some time ago, since then my webcam does not work anymore and i seem to have found someone with a solution, only i am too much of a newbie to actually get what i am supposed to do:
1. Download this. http://linuxtv.org/hg/~pinchartl/uvcvid ... ip.tar.bz2
2. Extract the main folder to somewhere (i.e. your desktop)
3. Open a terminal and cd to your uvcvideo-cec212c01ed1 directory.
4. While in the directory type Code: Select all make all 5. Wait a while. (using the command "make" might have worked too but thats not what I did.)
6. Once that is done, type: Code: Select all make install 7. Reboot your computer
Thats what it says, but what does 3. mean exactly? what do i have to do in the terminal? what to tipe exactly?
thank you so much for help!