Thread: Virtual Box and Low-Graphics Mode issues

Beans

Virtual Box and Low-Graphics Mode issues

So, I know there are a ton of posts out their around the low-graphics mode issue. I've tried to look through them all but to no avail. Anyway, recently installed Ubuntu 9.10 via Virtual box. This has been installed on a Inspiron 15 with Vista (32bit), Intel Chipset 4 video card.

It was installed for a couple days and I was attempting to fix a couple items through this forum, USD and CD/DVD rom. In the process I was following a few forums around the Guest Additions installs. In doing so, I'm assuming I must have missed a step or done something incorrectly. After one of the reboots I started receiving the Low-graphics mode error and can't seem to find the silver bullet w/in this forum to fix.

I also want to state, being new to Linux, I hit the screenshot button on Virtual Box in trying to copy the error message. Now I know what screenshot should actually be used for....Whoops!

Looking for any assistance. I also want to note, followed some of the forums to edit the xorg.conf file and that's missing. I also attempt to reload w/ no luck.

Thanks ahead of time.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Virtual Box and Low-Graphics Mode issues

Quote Originally Posted by maniac1492 View Post
    So, I know there are a ton of posts out their around the low-graphics mode issue. I've tried to look through them all but to no avail. Anyway, recently installed Ubuntu 9.10 via Virtual box. This has been installed on a Inspiron 15 with Vista (32bit), Intel Chipset 4 video card.

It was installed for a couple days and I was attempting to fix a couple items through this forum, USD and CD/DVD rom. In the process I was following a few forums around the Guest Additions installs. In doing so, I'm assuming I must have missed a step or done something incorrectly. After one of the reboots I started receiving the Low-graphics mode error and can't seem to find the silver bullet w/in this forum to fix.

I also want to state, being new to Linux, I hit the screenshot button on Virtual Box in trying to copy the error message. Now I know what screenshot should actually be used for....Whoops!

Looking for any assistance. I also want to note, followed some of the forums to edit the xorg.conf file and that's missing. I also attempt to reload w/ no luck.

Thanks ahead of time.
    Have you updated your pc wiht latest updates available in the Software Updates.
    Also are you using KDM?
    There is some issue with latest update and when you are using KDM as window manager.
    -- Manish

It takes time and patience to get into this, but once you are in, its just like another world you love to live in...

Beans

Re: Virtual Box and Low-Graphics Mode issues

Considering I've only had it for a couple days, I'm begining to think maybe I should just uninstall VirtualBox and start over? Thoughts? Based on what i've read, that may present it's own challenges?

UPDATE: I just went ahead and reinstalled it. Don't need anymore help w/ this issue for now.
    Last edited by maniac1492; December 5th, 2009 at 01:29 PM.