Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: wlan problems with Ralink rt3090 (Eee PC 1001HA)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: wlan problems with Ralink rt3090 (Eee PC 1001HA)

Quote Originally Posted by tim1980 View Post
    I have updated to Lucid Lynx and need to get the rt3090 working on my eeepc 1001ha

I'm very annoyed that all the PPA's on launchpad don't work in Lucid
    OMG! is that truly so? I am waiting desperately for that release! It is a disaster for me because right now I have only wireless! At such moments I regret I am not a programmer mysefl By the way, the driver is available from ralink webpage: http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php?s=2 just click on the RT3090PCIe, and you will be obliged to accept their terms of use, etc.

Beans

@Dave789
    I've just got my Asus Eee PC 1001HA and found the same problem occurring with the WiFi. I've not summoned up enough courage to blow away XP and so have run a live version of Ubuntu 9.10 from a 4Gb USB memory stick.
    ifconfig shows just eth0 (Wired port) and l0 (loop back)
    I followed the rt3090 link and downloaded it to another usb stick, then extracted it. Lo and behold, it's updated the Live Ubuntu 9.10 stick and we're good to go!
    ifconfig now shows an additional ra0 Ye Ha!
    Thanks again, I just need to complete the install now. It connected to my router without problem then Infinity and beyond...

Play Bonny!
    Last edited by Soadyheid; April 4th, 2010 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Tacky last sentence!

Beans

Hello Soadyheid,

Can you please explain your last post a bit more, the unpacking etc..

Regards

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Soadyheid View Post
    @Dave789
    I've just got my Asus Eee PC 1001HA and found the same problem occurring with the WiFi. I've not summoned up enough courage to blow away XP and so have run a live version of Ubuntu 9.10 from a 4Gb USB memory stick.
    ifconfig shows just eth0 (Wired port) and l0 (loop back)
    I followed the rt3090 link and downloaded it to another usb stick, then extracted it. Lo and behold, it's updated the Live Ubuntu 9.10 stick and we're good to go!
    ifconfig now shows an additional ra0 Ye Ha!
    Thanks again, I just need to complete the install now. It connected to my router without problem then Infinity and beyond...

Play Bonny!
    Potentially the most helpfull yet the most retarded post in that you didnt leave information to help others looking to install the driver.

Have a nice day...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hello dave789 and thank you so much!!!
    Despite your rantings (and to be honest, as a relative newbie myself, I feel your pain!) your step-by-step worked perfectly for me!!
    I've been trying since the 10.04 upgrade to get my wireless working and I could not get it to go on my own and the strange programming language going on around the subject was way way beyond me.
    I had set up a dual boot situation and all worked fine with win7, but I wanted to carry on with 10.04. So using my connection from win7, I followed your guide and downloaded the deb file. Then I unpackaged it after reboot into 10.04. Network Manager was still not having any of it so I used RutilT WLAN Manager and it worked perfect first time after a scan.
    Following your advise from later posts (!) I did a reboot and this time NetMan woke up and all's good!! Hooray at last!!

Many thanks again dave789, I think sometimes people forget that there are users out there that love Ubuntu but aren't experts. Linux is for the people remember...

Roy

Beans

Ralink rt3090 (Eee PC 1001HA) for ubuntu 10.04 wireless solved!

Quote Originally Posted by zibletop View Post
    Hi,

To install it, add this package repository:
    Code:
    deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/markus-tisoft/rt3090/ubuntu karmic main
    hmm.. deb command didnt work for me,
    so i didnt need to type this one:
    Then type on a terminal:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install rt3090-dkms
    BUT:
    Finally i just downloaded this thing
    https://launchpad.net/~markus-tisoft...0~ppa1_all.deb
    opened it with deb and installed all packages my asus needed so
    i have my wireless working now!!!
    thanks for all people

Beans

Re: Ralink rt3090 (Eee PC 1001HA) for ubuntu 10.04 wireless solved!

hm... just got all updates and my eee 1001ha doesnt recognise my wifi :~
    iwconfig:
    lo no wireless extensions.

eth0 no wireless extensions.

lspci:
    01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications Atheros AR8132 / L1c Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (rev c0)
    02:00.0 Network controller: RaLink RT3090 Wireless 802.11n 1T/1R PCIe

######
    i had to modprobe

sudo modprobe rt3090sta

to make it work again like charm
    Last edited by topolab; July 5th, 2010 at 08:18 PM. Reason: fixed

Beans

The emergency line for me was to install pclinuxos (or mandriva) and get the drivers from synaptic. They are a little less strict on open source software.
    Then you also don`t have to install again after each kernelupdate.

Beans

I recently supplied some eeepc 1001ha machines to some friends in Honduras who work with homeless/impoverished children. I was hoping to install Ubuntu on those machines while I am here because the software is free and they can't afford to pay for software, but unfortunately the wi-fi won't work with Ubuntu. They need to be able to access wpa2 lans and this issue prevents them from doing that.

I hope this issue can be resolved quickly and natively.
    Last edited by Johnsie; August 4th, 2010 at 01:08 AM.

Beans

Sadly I was unable to resolve this on time. As a result I ended up installing Windows as the default OS on the machines with a Wubi Ubuntu install as the second OS. The users will mostly be using Windows because the wireless works better in Windows. Not the ideal solution, but at least they will have computers that work and that is the important thing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast