Thread: Adito invalid credentials problem

Beans

Adito invalid credentials problem

Hi,

I've just installed Adito, but it seems my credentials are lost when I restart my pc. I am running Kubuntu Karmic Koala, and the latest version of Adito. When I installed it the first time, I got Adito running and logging in went smoothly. After I restarted my system, my login and password was not accepted, so I reinstalled Adito. Logging in worked till I restarted again. I added a line in wrapper.conf (encoding UTF-8) and in server.conf.

Is there anything I can do next or has anyone else experienced this problem before?

Beans

Re: Adito invalid credentials problem

just figured out that restarting the service adito solves the problem. I can then enter my credentials. how can i take care of a correct startup, as I would like to use adito too take over my pc from anywhere else.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex (testing)

Do you still have this problem? I do with Maverick, and also did with Lucid.

I've reported the problem on the OpenVPN ALS mailing list but no one else has corroborated the problem. If you're still having this problem could you report it as well?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I too have had this issue. I have been unable to resolve the issue so when the system reboots I get locked out. My only way to bypass the problem is I have a cron job running every 6 mins which checks uptime. If the uptime is less than 5 mins then adito is restarted.

Any attempts to fix the startup script have failed and I am stuck with the authentication issue.

Beans

Angry Re: Adito invalid credentials problem

Same issue here, adito authentication only works if I manually restart it once the server has been rebooted.

1. even if the login script adds an at job to run 5 min's after reboot, this doesn't work

2. If I log and run the login script manually, everything is fine, using the same scripts init used to restart adito!

Leads me to think about some env variable causing this? will continue to investigate when time permits and post anything new

Beans

This resolved the issue for me.

1. In your adito install dir, find and modify wrapper.conf.base
    2. Locate the line that reads #wrapper.java.additional.2=-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
    3. Remove the # and save
    4. in /etc/init.d/adito, i changed the start section to ant -f /opt/adito/build.xml start (or where ever your build.xml file is

Idea was from
    http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Adito