Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bash script to generate backgrounds.xml for gnome

Beans

Re: Bash script to generate backgrounds.xml for gnome

@Boondoklife

I've got it working as a nautilus script with some minor changes. However this will only work with multiple folders if they are siblings of the same parent folder structure. Selected folders are expanded as arguments to the nautilus sript without their full paths.

Here is the Diff.

11a12,14
    > # current location
    > CWD="$(pwd)"
    >
    47c50
    < find "$d"|grep -i .jpg|while read j; do
    ---
    > find "${CWD}/${d}"|grep -i .jpg|while read j; do
    66c69
    < find "$d"|sort -R|grep -i .jpg|while read j; do
    ---
    > find "${CWD}/${d}"|sort -R|grep -i .jpg|while read j; do

Quote Originally Posted by Boondoklife View Post
    Ever thought of making a nautilus script out of this? You could then just click and highlight the files/folders and generate the file without the command line.
    Last edited by ozhoo; June 18th, 2010 at 05:11 PM.

Beans

really great!

thanks!

Beans

i've been researching all around the net, learning how to parse files to generate an xml by bash and all of that, that i don't know yet, and researching for more info and tuts, stumbled with the very exact same thing that i wanted to acomplish in the first place.

Works marvelous, and i'm so going to learn so much about shell scripting with this...

Kudos man, you rule

Beans

Very cool. I should post a Python version

Quote Originally Posted by rulesmaster View Post
    i've been researching all around the net, learning how to parse files to generate an xml by bash and all of that, that i don't know yet, and researching for more info and tuts, stumbled with the very exact same thing that i wanted to acomplish in the first place.

Works marvelous, and i'm so going to learn so much about shell scripting with this...

Kudos man, you rule

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Is there any way that you would be able to pass 2 images to Gnome and have them both display as a background image? I know it would look horrible on a single monitor system, but I am trying to find a decent solution to getting two backgrounds on my different monitors.

Beans

That seems like something that I could do yes. I believe you could find something that already exists to accomplish this though. Maybe in this thread you'll find a solution http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=223061

Quote Originally Posted by guyverix View Post
    Is there any way that you would be able to pass 2 images to Gnome and have them both display as a background image? I know it would look horrible on a single monitor system, but I am trying to find a decent solution to getting two backgrounds on my different monitors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12