Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blank screen on install

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Blank screen on install

Well done!
    My wiki page ... ATI 9.11 & Ubuntu 9.10 ... Time Capsule ... Ubuntu in 5 years!
    Brainstorm ideas ...Stop Blank Screen ... Gui Xorg Edit

Ubuntu is reinventing the wheel ... making it round.

Beans

DAMN!!! I found that the problem is caused by WiFi -- until it was installed, all had been fine. I installed b43 and it stopped working ... I'll search around for a solution ...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Maybe a conflict with the WiFi driver?

Beans

But what should I do? I removed all the b43 drivers, I booted once with the card on, but with no WiFi connection, and after reboot, freezed again.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by tohecz View Post
    But what should I do? I removed all the b43 drivers, I booted once with the card on, but with no WiFi connection, and after reboot, freezed again.
    Are you referring to Ubuntu 9.10?

Perhaps consider troubleshooting the drivers for your WiFi. If you have determined that the b43 drivers do create a problem, then are there other drivers that you can test and use?

Alternatively, is there some setting related to your WiFi that is the cause?

Beans

Could it be the conflict between your wireless device and graphic device because they share a same interrupt channel? Just a wild guess. Don't know what I am talking about.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jaylsi View Post
    Could it be the conflict between your wireless device and graphic device because they share a same interrupt channel? Just a wild guess. Don't know what I am talking about.
    It might be, but I would think the more usual suspect of drivers being the culprit.

The real question is, what is the current state of driver options for your WiFi.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by u.b.u.n.t.u View Post
    It might be, but I would think the more usual suspect of drivers being the culprit.

The real question is, what is the current state of driver options for your WiFi.
    It is really tough to boot in linux with the WLAN device enabled. Without it, I can't check the drivers status, can I? And how do I do this when the device is enabled?

And how do I check the interruptions for conflicts?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by tohecz View Post
    It is really tough to boot in linux with the WLAN device enabled. Without it, I can't check the drivers status, can I? And how do I do this when the device is enabled?

And how do I check the interruptions for conflicts?
    I was thinking along the lines of conducting an online research into your WiFi hardware to discover that status of linux drivers.

I am unsure how to check for interruption conflicts. I would think that an operating system would assign hardware devices without too much worry about conflicts. Still, that is something that an online search may shed some light on also.

Beans

I'm a noob you know, where do I find the bootlog of unsuccessful boot? Maybe I can get some information there...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast