Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avatar Question

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Avatar Question

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen View Post
    You asked for a review of your avatar and have been given a very polite and detailed response.
    Such a swift dismissal, and I would disagree (somewhat superfluously, perhaps) that the responses were very detailed. But that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen
    I have reviewed your request also feel the avatar is inappropriate for these forums.

I am sorry you disagree with our judgment but there is no need for you to start accusing the staff of having a double standard.
    That's fine. And I wasn't accusing the staff of having a double standard; I was merely stating the facts as they presented themselves to me. That's not accusatory, it's just honesty.

Furthermore, we, as staff, do not review each and every thread, post, avatar, and signature on these forums and we certainly do not approve of everything that is posted on these forums. We rely on the community to report such things and if you choose not to report what you feel is inappropriate that is your choice.
    Again, I didn't bring them up to complain, but rather to lay a foundation of precedence, if you will. Clearly that had no effect on the outcome of this matter, but still, I am not complaining. I do not report such posts because I will not participate in activities that, in my mind, promote censorship.

The presence of such unreported material and your failure to report does not constitute either an approval of such material by the staff, not does it imply a double standard. It simply reflects your decision not to participate in the Ubuntu community in that way.
    Never said it did. And I have no "failure to report". I choose not to, that doesn't mean I failed at it. Once again, I'll not participate in activities that, to me, constitute censorship

You are free to choose a more appropriate avatar for these forums.
    Oh, I shall. I'm sure there's a way to get my point across without "violating" the CoC.

Thanks for the snappy replies, and thank you, matthew, for that post suggesting my avatar somehow implied sodomy and aggressive dominance. I nearly spit my coffee all over the monitor when I read that.

Have a great day!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

In the interest of compromising, what do you guys think of this? Clearly there's no sexual inuendo or overtones, and yet my general message remains intact.

Can we agree upon this?

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...crewtheBCS.png

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

When a thought is too weak to be expressed simply, it should be rejected.
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by bapoumba View Post
    when a thought is too weak to be expressed simply, it should be rejected.
    +1
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

I do not have any problem with the second avatar.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by bapoumba View Post
    When a thought is too weak to be expressed simply, it should be rejected.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    +1
    Nice use of my little signature. I would suggest that we all heed that advice, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen View Post
    I do not have any problem with the second avatar.
    Thanks. I'm not really sure I see the difference; they both say the same thing, only in a different way, but hey, ya take 'em where ya can get 'em, I guess.

Cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12