View Poll Results: If Microsoft Gave Away Windows Vista Ultimate Edition For Free.... Would You Use It?

Voters
2889. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I'd use it! Its mainly the price thats putting me off Microsoft software.

681 23.57%
  • No - I dont use Microsoft products out of principal.

696 24.09%
  • No - I'm not boycotting Microsoft software on price or principal, I just dont like it!

1,512 52.34%
Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697

Thread: If Microsoft Gave Away Windows Vista Ultimate Edition For Free.... Would You Use It?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: If Microsoft Gave Away Windows Vista Ultimate Edition For Free.... Would You Use

i would just accept it, its free, why not....after a couple months or days, sell it...
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare

Linux User #484611 | Ubuntu User #26153 | Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: If Microsoft Gave Away Windows Vista Ultimate Edition For Free.... Would You Use

I have no plans on ever going back to Windows free or not. I have a seperate computer with Windows, and all I use it for are certain programs for military such as Navfit98, oh and taxcut, and that is about all as soon as I find a work around for those I won't use windows other than if I have to such as work, military.

I truely enjoy linux It has been years since I enjoyed my computer this much!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Free Vista? <snip>... Doesn't make a difference, Ubuntu is better.
    Last edited by bapoumba; February 8th, 2009 at 07:35 PM. Reason: No piracy advises, please. Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

MS Steve Balmer more or less admitted that only Windows 7 will be better than Vista.
    And Vista is to heavy for Popular Light-Weight Notebooks that just manage with XP.
    I prefer linux, Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I voted no. Partly because it doesn't matter. It won't run worth crap on any hardware I have, so unless they gave me the new computer along with it, I couldn't use it anyway. If they gave me the computer, they'd also have to make it self-destruct if I installed anything else, because the first thing I'd do with a new computer with Vista is ... install Ubuntu over it! Or downgrade to XP IF it was a decent gaming rig. Unless Windows 7 is as much a jump over Vista as Windows XP was over Windows 3.11, I don't see that appealing to me either. Seriously, the ONLY thing I use XP for is games.

Beans

well now, if you look at it in a certain way, it becomes clear.
    I know where to look for illegal copies of vista, and never bothered with it. I decided to download Windows 7 and even a month later got the free activation key which I never bothered keying in. so no It isn't about price, so free wouldn't make much difference.
    when it became clear Windows 95c wasn't coming back anytime soon, I moved into XP with an eye on Linux watching and waiting for it to grow up enough for the total novice I knew myself to be.
    when upon my 5th or 6th reinstall (ya have to do this every so often with the Doze, as it get's kinda clogged after a while) while waiting the progressively longer and looonger time for my computer to finish booting, and scanning, and looking to see if there were any supposed updates which I never quite knew what they did as my computer never seemed to run any better afterward, I decided the time was ripe to check on Linux again and let me tell you from someone like me, Linux has come a long way in the last year or so.
    there has been an explosion in Linux development! why would I use an OS that comes with nothing program wise (the little photo stitch thing?? what a joke!), and the updates are designed to Protect Microsoft rather than me, when I can have Linux free and all the programs free as well! no more waiting for virus scans, no more "we trust you, but let us just check to see if your stealing from us" "Genuine Advantage" frankly I saw no "Advantage" any more!
    not even for free!

I'm a PC without Windows!
    Scott

Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697