Thread: Crash Eclipse after Upgrade

Threaded View

Beans

Angry Crash Eclipse after Upgrade

I have been using Eclipse for a while and it was working well until I upgraded to Karmic Koala. I have uninstalled clean eclipse, sun-java; cleaned out configuration files and reinstalled them without success.

Help

If I have posted this in the wrong forum or not provided enough info that would be helpful to know too.

In the latest round, there have been several, I uninstalled clean the following: eclipse-jdt, eclipse-platform, eclipse-platform-data, eclipse-plugin-cvs and eclipse-rcp.

Though I noticed that when I went to reinstall it, it did not download eclipse it just installed. Is there a way to tell the Koala to clear it's cache of eclipse and download a fresh copy? I may be grasping but I'm assuming that corruption is a possibility. Also in the log file I saw references to equinox even though I was upgraded to Galileo when I upgraded to Karmic Koala. Well at least the splash screen for eclipse says Galileo and the reinstalled version is listed as 3.5.1+repack~1-0ubuntu3 in synaptic.

After install I deleted my old ~/workspace directory and used a new ~/dev/workspace directory. Then I ran eclipse and created a new "Test" project and went to import a MyTest.java I saved from a preveous iteration. After choosing to import the file I received the following on the terminal window I ran eclipse from:

Code:
    #
    # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
    #
    #  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x007c4856, pid=17656, tid=3078538944
    #
    # JRE version: 6.0_15-b03
    # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (14.1-b02 mixed mode, sharing linux-x86 )
    # Problematic frame:
    # C  [libpango-1.0.so.0+0x23856]  pango_layout_new+0x36
    #
    # An error report file with more information is saved as:
    # /home/sadwrn/hs_err_pid17656.log
    #
    # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
    #   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
    # The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
    # See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
    #
    Aborted
    Please see attached hs_err_pid17656.log.

I would appreciate a clue as I'm dead in the water until I solve this.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Do you Ubuntu?