Thread: Vigilante 8 Emulation...

Beans

Vigilante 8 Emulation...

I've been trying for quite some time to get Vigilante 8 (PS1) to work under emulation, I've tried pSX, PCSX-DF, and most recently PCSX-R, using both Pete's XGL2 Linux PSX GPU Version 2.9, and the PCSX-DF/PCSX-R internal gpu plugins...and I just can't seem to get past this weird graphical problem that makes the game fairly unplayable. Everything looks fine close up to the player, but at a certain distance out, everything turns white, making it incredibly hard to discern long-distance anything. I've tried fiddling with pete's GPU plugin config...but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions on plugins I could try, or prefferably, a specific GPU config for Pete's plugin?

If you need more info, please feel free to ask as I'm not sure what you might need.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Vigilante 8 Emulation...

I don't have V8 but if I had a choice, i'd use pSX to emulate. The thing about pSX is that it is not plugin reliant and uses software rendering (which leads to very accurate rendering and more proper display of playstation games)
    I USE THIS SMILEY because im a rocker!!! \m/ pantara and nerveina roles!

also yo-yo ma is great.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Exclamation Re: Vigilante 8 Emulation...

Having the same Issue using PCSX from Ubuntu Software Center. Anyone out there using Karmic and having no issues with Vigilante 8? If so, let us know your setup.
    MACHINES:
    Acer Aspire One D250 with UNR
    Athlon 64 X2 3GHz/4GB RAM System with Ubuntu 10.04