Thread: Ubuntu 9.10 install issue-Averatec 4100 series (Beginner)

Beans

Cool Ubuntu 9.10 install issue-Averatec 4100 series (Beginner)

Hello,

I am attempting to install ubuntu 9.10 on my Averatec 4100 series. It has an "invalid" Vista OS that I am attempting to overwrite. I have downloaded the program and burned the disc. Once I insert it into the computer and it boots, I get to step 5 of 6 "Who are you?" and cannot get past this.

What do I need to do??

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Ubuntu 9.10 install issue-Averatec 4100 series (Beginner)

Quote Originally Posted by amyahsmom View Post
    Hello,

I am attempting to install ubuntu 9.10 on my Averatec 4100 series. It has an "invalid" Vista OS that I am attempting to overwrite. I have downloaded the program and burned the disc. Once I insert it into the computer and it boots, I get to step 5 of 6 "Who are you?" and cannot get past this.

What do I need to do??
    Hello and welcome,

Usually it will not proceed if the password's do not match.

Another reason may be a corrupted burn or CD which may be checked by verifying the md5 and afterwards, selecting 'check CD for defects' (one of the options in the boot page).

A 3rd option (which is usually a workaround for the graphic-heaviness, is to download and burn the alternate CD .... which is text-based instead of graphical.

I do not know much about "invalid" Vista's and its' interaction with Ubuntu (regardless of Versions). Sorry.

Regards,
    "The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it" .... A. Glasow

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Ubuntu 9.10 install issue-Averatec 4100 series (Beginner)

had this problem just run installer on bootup not on livecd worked for me