Thread: ClamTK

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

ClamTK

I installed ClamTK via Synaptic because I ran a scan in terminal and it told me I have 2 infections, yet it did not say which files were infected. I installed the GUI and did a check for updates and it say there is a GUI update, but doesn't offer the update. How do I update the GUI?

Thanx.
    Last edited by running_rabbit07; November 23rd, 2009 at 07:05 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: ClamTK

Quote Originally Posted by running_rabbit07 View Post
    I installed ClamTK via Synaptic because I ran a scan in terminal and it told me I have 2 infections, yet it did not say which files were infected. I installed the GUI and did a check for updates and it say there is a GUI update, but doesn't offer the update. How do I update the GUI?

Thanx.
    You wait until the repositories are updated with the newer version or manually find it and install it yourself.

Clam is constantly updated but it doesn't really affect how it works for the vast majority of people who use it in a Linux environment, and it is quite bothersome for the developers to keep packaging new versions of it when there are many (many) other things that require their attention.
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by dcstar View Post
    You wait until the repositories are updated with the newer version or manually find it and install it yourself.

Clam is constantly updated but it doesn't really affect how it works for the vast majority of people who use it in a Linux environment, and it is quite bothersome for the developers to keep packaging new versions of it when there are many (many) other things that require their attention.
    Thanks. Very helpful. I figured that if the GUI could say it was out of date, then it would be able to upgrade itself.
    Last edited by running_rabbit07; November 23rd, 2009 at 07:04 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Thanks. Very helpful. I figured that if the GUI could say it was out of date, then it would be able to upgrade itself.
    I also thought of this: If the application says there is a new GUI available, why doesn't it provide the way to update?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by nsramkishen View Post
    I also thought of this: If the application says there is a new GUI available, why doesn't it provide the way to update?
    I ended up going here and downloading it and installing it. it is a .deb, so it installs quickly and easily.

As far as the ClamTK updater goes, it is not run by the Ubuntu devs, so I won't complain here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by running_rabbit07 View Post
    I ended up going here and downloading it and installing it. it is a .deb, so it installs quickly and easily.

As far as the ClamTK updater goes, it is not run by the Ubuntu devs, so I won't complain here.
    It worked. Thanks!

--Ram