Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: new xf86-input for macbooks and other multitouch-touchpads.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: new xf86-input for macbooks and other multitouch-touchpads.

Henrik, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to install this. I've added the Mactel-Support PPA, done sudo-apt update, then sudo apt-get install xf86-input-multitouch, and then it tells me it can't find the package. I've tried looking through the mactel PPA in Software Center, and it doesn't show up there. I've tried looking for it in synaptic, that doesn't show up. I can't install the .deb from the launchpad because it's an i386 .deb file.

How does one install this? What am I missing?
    Windows-free since Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex.

Beans

It hasn't finished building, check in a hour or two
    Just Another Programming Forum, has linux section http://www.infinitylogic.net/forum/index.php

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by smoors View Post
    Henrik, you made my day!! This update is just lovely.. i can confirm that i can now select text by dragging and move windows with the integrated touchpad on a macbook pro mid 2009 with maverick.
    I believe that i have to use more 'pressure' now to do a tap - sometimes i try to tap, but it does not get recognized. I'm not even sure if it depends on just the pressure or maybe even the size of the part of my finger which is touching the touchpad. Thanks so much for this update!
    I'm seeing the same issue with my MacBook Pro 5,3.

Beans

Hi,

Loving RC2 on Maverick, touchpad seems to work perfectly now, but I can't disable Tap-to-Click any longer via Mouse or Pointing Device Preferences.

I know that you (Kosumi) said there was no configuration support as yet, but can this be turned off if compiled via the Git repository. Or via gconf or something??

Beans
    Distro

Thanks for providing this driver. It works on my MBP 7.1 running 10.10. I'v been waiting to rest my thumb on the pad while navigating with my index finger.

However, i'm also experiencing some problems with tapping. Tapping doesn't work while am resting my thumb on the touch/track -pad.

Also, there is a delay/lag after each click. Both tapping (with one finger) and normal push-click.

And obviously all configuration possibilities have disappeared. I'm looking forward to this driver matures.

Beans
    Distro

This works wonders. Thank you a thousand times over. We are one (major) step closer.

Has anyone had any success in emulating the smoothness of the OSX usage though?

I have tried playing with my acceleration and sensitivity to no end, and no luck in obtaining anything that's not jumpy and hard to use.
    Windows-free since Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex.

Beans

This worked nicely. I have two issues though, I'll see if I have time to look at them myself sometime (not this week):

1. The pointer seem a bit to sensitive, even if I turn down acceleration in preferences it's a bit jumpy.
    2. In OS X, I've noticed that once the driver determines that I have my thumb on the trackpad, it ignores all movement in that part until I take the thumb off. This also helps with the jumpyness as the pointer doesn't move for slight thumb movements.

Thanks.

Edit: duh, my link was to a post and not to the thread, so I didn't see the numerous replies already stating this.
    Last edited by Jhime; October 25th, 2010 at 12:27 PM.

Beans

can someone explain how to install this to a complete noob to ubuntu? much appreciated

Beans
    Distro

To install this, check the Wiki here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ma...Lucid#Touchpad

Be sure to install the PPA first (instructions at the top of the link above).

kosumi68,

I am using the new driver, this is getting much better! Thanks! Two comments, if you do not mind:

1. Still can't seem to disable the touchpad while typing. I am ******* myself off! Any tips?
    2. Any way to enable some momentum on the scrolling ala OSX/iOS? Meaning, if you scroll quickly the scrolling will continue against some friction after the swiping motion.

Again, thanks for your efforts.
    Last edited by wiznillyp; October 26th, 2010 at 03:22 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Using this driver a couple of weeks now, but since I'm updated to maverick the touchpad sometimes freezes, means I am not able to tab or click on anything.

Anyone know a trick how to fix this?

Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast