Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: new xf86-input for macbooks and other multitouch-touchpads.

Beans

Re: new xf86-input for macbooks and other multitouch-touchpads.

Multitouch X Driver v1.0-rc1 Released

A somewhat longer wait than expected, but here is the release which uses the mtdev library. As you might be aware, lots of things are happening right now regarding gestures, and you can follow it on https://launchpad.net/utouch/.

The plan for the Multitouch X Driver is to gradually move over to using utouch-grail, without losing any functionality. No time frame set as of yet.

Enjoy,
    Henrik

Beans

Works like a charm now, thanks a lot Henrik!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Just installed rc1 and it seems to be working fine on my MacBookPro 5,5. I was wondering though if there's a way to configure the gestures.

Currently three-finger swipe up and down does forward/back in Chrome, I'd like it to be three-finger swipe left/right instead. And I'd like to map three-finger swipe up to Ctrl+W.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by chiklit View Post
    Just installed rc1 and it seems to be working fine on my MacBookPro 5,5. I was wondering though if there's a way to configure the gestures.

Currently three-finger swipe up and down does forward/back in Chrome, I'd like it to be three-finger swipe left/right instead. And I'd like to map three-finger swipe up to Ctrl+W.
    So far the only option you have is to edit the source. In driver/multitouch.c, starting at line 234. Change the:

button_scroll(local, 8, 9, &vswipe, step, gs->dy);

to

button_scroll(local, 10, 11, &hswipe, step, gs->dx);

and vice versa on line 238.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by axflash View Post
    So far the only option you have is to edit the source. In driver/multitouch.c, starting at line 234. Change the:

button_scroll(local, 8, 9, &vswipe, step, gs->dy);

to

button_scroll(local, 10, 11, &hswipe, step, gs->dx);

and vice versa on line 238.
    That copy paste was a bit too eager, only change the 8/9 and 10/11, not the 6th argument to button_scroll()

Beans
    Distro

Thanks, looks like that worked.

Also, preemptive trouble shooting in case anybody else had the same problem I did compiling it the first time:

I had to download, compile and install mtdev separately before compiling the rc1 version. I also copied mtdev-plumbing.h into the include directory of the multitouch driver. I don't know if this was actually necessary but make seemed to want it in order to compile the driver.

EDIT: Ignore those instructions just download libmtdev-dev. (Thanks kosumi68)
    Last edited by chiklit; October 13th, 2010 at 03:10 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by chiklit View Post
    Thanks, looks like that worked.

Also, preemptive trouble shooting in case anybody else had the same problem I did compiling it the first time:

I had to download, compile and install mtdev separately before compiling the rc1 version. I also copied mtdev-plumbing.h into the include directory of the multitouch driver. I don't know if this was actually necessary but make seemed to want it in order to compile the driver.
    Perhaps you meant mtdev-mapping.h? The full name of the needed package is libmtdev-dev, which installs said header files under /usr/include/, where they are normally found automatically.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by kosumi68 View Post
    Perhaps you meant mtdev-mapping.h? The full name of the needed package is libmtdev-dev, which installs said header files under /usr/include/, where they are normally found automatically.
    Yeah, that was probably it. Couldn't remember which one it wanted.

Beans

Hi,

Can anyone help me get this installed? I am new to Linux and have just installed ubuntu on my Mac and I have downloaded something and have the multitouch folder in my home space. How do I get it installed from there?

Thanks, Ross

Beans

When I type sudo make install I get this message.

gcc -Iinclude -I/usr/include/xorg -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -O3 -fPIC -c src/capabilities.c -o obj/src/capabilities.o
    In file included from include/capabilities.h:25,
    from src/capabilities.c:22:
    include/common.h:30: fatal error: mtdev-mapping.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast