Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fortinet ssl client

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Smile Fortinet ssl client

Sorry if this has been asked; but my work has fortinet vpn client , or the forti ssl webclient for our vpn connection.. I am trying to not have to use windows when i work from home for remote desktop. I have not been able to find a forti linux ssl client installer. I asked our network group and they said there was not one. We used to use cisco and I was able to connect in linux using vpnc and finding some solutions on the web. Any help is apprectiated. thanks.
    Jack Frost

Beans

Re: Fortinet ssl client

You have to download the forticlientsslvn from fortinet-support, then just unpack it and start the forticlientsslvpn program. First time it asks for root-pw.
    After that you can just connect with IP and port (it suggests 10443, but probably your fortigate is configured to port 443)

https://support.fortinet.com
    left menu: Firmware-Images
    then click Fortigate, then navigate to V4.00, then to SSL VPN Clients, (or) download forticlientsslvpn_linux_4.0.2010.tar.gz
    Last edited by petsch; January 12th, 2010 at 09:59 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Talking Re: Fortinet ssl client

Quote Originally Posted by petsch View Post
    You have to download the forticlientsslvn from fortinet-support, then just unpack it and start the forticlientsslvpn program. First time it asks for root-pw.
    After that you can just connect with IP and port (it suggests 10443, but probably your fortigate is configured to port 443)

then click Fortigate, then navigate to V4.00, then to SSL VPN Clients, (or) download forticlientsslvpn_linux_4.0.2010.tar.gz

thanks!!! this is one of the last things i needed to no have to use windows.
    Jack Frost

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

i also found this:
    http://portal.modeldriven.org/sites/...User_Guide.pdf

within the pdf it has another download link too.
    Jack Frost

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Talking Re: Fortinet ssl client

Quote Originally Posted by jack frost View Post
    i also found this:
    http://portal.modeldriven.org/sites/...User_Guide.pdf

within the pdf it has another download link too.

just wanted to report that with the guide and the download.. the vpn software works great.. i don't have to boot into my windows partition anymore unless i want to sync my zune player. thanks again.. the ubuntu forums are the best.. everyone is always out there to help.
    Jack Frost

Beans

Did someone every heard of the Forti Client working ONLY in windows and not Linux - using the very same configuration & certificate ? Some faulty server settings ? Old server software ?

Our sysadmin gave up on me. As it works in windows I should just use that.

Maybe somebody in here has an advise I can forward to him ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by java.artisan View Post
    Did someone every heard of the Forti Client working ONLY in windows and not Linux - using the very same configuration & certificate ? Some faulty server settings ? Old server software ?

Our sysadmin gave up on me. As it works in windows I should just use that.

Maybe somebody in here has an advise I can forward to him ?
    I am using ubuntu 10.10 and it works fine.. just go to the link and download the sslvln client.. once you unpack run it as root and it will ask you to read the eula..scroll through then say yes to accept.. the client is now on your machine.. for my company
    once I did that I just go to our vpn link and selced RDP as the protocol to connect and It launches the RDP client in linux to connect. the very fiirst time you run it to connect you have to agree to connect and I chose to always trust it. It then opened a window to select the size I wanted then my desktop at work opens. The version in the link is 4.010; but my network dept gave me the updated one that is 4.0.2082. I actually came back to this thread to see if there was an updated client and saw your post. Hope this info. helps. I think it will depend how your company has the vpn log on page set up for your work.
    Jack Frost

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

do you have a log on you use to get to the downloads section.. i wanted to check for the latest client but it is requiring me to have an account etc. I tried to create one;but It was the serial number etc. or if you can give the link to the latest version, or ftp directory. .thanks.
    Jack Frost

Beans

I was having trouble with this client version on 11.04 64bit, but there's what looks like a new version under MP3 on the ftp and the new one worked at once.

Thanks for the id/pass.

Beans

Confirming this works for 64bit Ubuntu distro's !

The routing isn't restored after disconnection though. Can't reach the internet anymore then.

But anyway, better this than the pevious case.

Thank you !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast