Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Elantech touchpad improperly recognized as “ImPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse”

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Elantech touchpad improperly recognized as “ImPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse”

Quote Originally Posted by cichy69 View Post
    Hello!

Are there any progress with this Elantech driver here? The above described methods do not work for me, my touchpad is always detected as PS/2 Logitech Mouse.

I use a Samsung QX310 laptop with Elantech touchpad. Ubuntu 10.10, kerr 2.6.35-28-generic.
    Glad to see you tried it. I was just about to, on my Samsung RF510. I'm really hoping there is a solution for you and I.

Can't believe one hasn't been posted at:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/29200...h-wheel-mouse/

Beans

I do some research on my own, correct me if i'm wrong:
    1. there is a kernel module responsible for detecting a mouse/touchpad and loading a proper driver
    2. there is a driver which is responsible for working of the elantech hardware in file `elantech.c`
    3. this driver used some data called `magic knock` to find elantech touchpads. In fact i found this function in the source code:

Code:
    /*
     * Use magic knock to detect Elantech touchpad
     */
    int elantech_detect(struct psmouse *psmouse, bool set_properties)
    {
    }
    i'm not fluent in c code but there is an interesting comment from the author:

Code:

/*
       * Query touchpad's firmware version and see if it reports known
       * value to avoid mis-detection. Logitech mice are known to respond
       * to Elantech magic knock and there might be more.
       */
    but real detection is carried out in this function (i think):

Code:

if (param[0] != 0x3c || param[1] != 0x03 || param[2] != 0xc8) 
    {
                    pr_debug("unexpected magic knock result 0x%02x, 0x%02x, 0x%02x.\n",
                             param[0], param[1], param[2]);
                  return -1;
    }
    i tried the 'brute force' approach and just commented above `return -1;` and got touchpad detected correctly as `Elantech Touchpad`, but that `patch` didn't solve the original problem. despite the fact that the touchpad was detected correctly, still the functionality was impaired (inability to move the pointer). the only things that worked were: left and right mouse clicks.

any1, any thoughts?

Beans

There are a few bugs for the samsungs, I've tried brute forcing it also and that didn't work (but I don't have access to one of those machines now):
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...el/+bug/681904

Beans

Errors are reported, and we can only waiting for a solution from Kernel team

Is there a way to disable the touchpad while typing on the keyboard? I found couple tutorials but all these methods assume that the synaptics driver is loaded ...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I'm having the same problem. The touchpad works, but it's terribly sensitive while typing and multitouch doesn't work. (My laptop is an Asus K53sv)

aEditing /etc/modprobe.d/psmouse.conf didn't work.
    Anything further i could try?

Beans
    Distro

I too have the same issue on an Asus K53SV (Natty, kernel 2.6.38-8). It's the one thing on this laptop I haven't been able to get working.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by frigginacky View Post
    I too have the same issue on an Asus K53SV (Natty, kernel 2.6.38-8). It's the one thing on this laptop I haven't been able to get working.
    Then you might be interested to know, I managed to switch it on/off with a shortcut linked to a script.
    I followed this: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1629433
    until "Making the magic happen automatically:" and then linked the script to a shortcut.

Make sure you set the touchPadID this way and use "Wheel" as touchpadString
    Code:
    touchpadID=$(xinput list | grep $touchpadString | awk -F " " '{print $7}' | awk -F "=" '{print $2}')

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Cant get my elantech touchpad recognised properly here either
    Really need multitouch

Beans

make -C /usr/src/linux-headers-`uname -r` SUBDIRS=`pwd` drivers/input/mouse/psmouse.ko ok not to sound too noob, whats the pwd stand for... really would like to get this working...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by benbeel View Post
    I use synclient to adjust my touchpad settings on my asus UL30A. You can enter into a terminal
    Code:
    synclient -l
    This will provide a list of current settings for the touchpad. For instance, you may see TapButton2=3, which means a three-finger strike will trigger mouse button 2. You can change that to two-finger strike triggers button 2 by entering the following code:
    Code:
    synclient TapButton2=2
    You can extrapolate this to any of the options present there. Check the man synclient for more info.

Hope this helps.
    I love you. Thank You so much
    Lenovo G560 running Natty Narwhal and Windows 7
    Sign up for Dropbox, and earn us both 250MB EXTRA Free Online Storage on top of 2GB you get already
    Dropbox lets you easily sync files between your OS's (including Ubuntu & Android!)

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast