Thread: UCK ISO Image not taking

Beans

Cool UCK ISO Image not taking

Hi there,

I am very much new to UCK and I am trying to create a customized image using UCK so that i can pass that to my brother who is big fan of windows. When I am trying to create the image, in the step 4 of UCK, it is saying "Please choose an ISO image to be used as the basis for your live CD". In this step I am selecting the Ubuntu 9.10 ISO image (ubuntu-9.10-desktop-i386.iso) downloaded from Ubuntu website. When I do that it displays a message saying that the "File /home/sri/ubuntu-9.10-desktop-i386.iso does not seem to be a valid ISO9660 image". Please let me know if I am doing something wrong here.

Thanks in advance.

Beans

Re: UCK ISO Image not taking

Quote Originally Posted by kamtaot View Post
    Hi there,

I am very much new to UCK and I am trying to create a customized image using UCK so that i can pass that to my brother who is big fan of windows. When I am trying to create the image, in the step 4 of UCK, it is saying "Please choose an ISO image to be used as the basis for your live CD". In this step I am selecting the Ubuntu 9.10 ISO image (ubuntu-9.10-desktop-i386.iso) downloaded from Ubuntu website. When I do that it displays a message saying that the "File /home/sri/ubuntu-9.10-desktop-i386.iso does not seem to be a valid ISO9660 image". Please let me know if I am doing something wrong here.

Thanks in advance.
    In Sourceforge there is an update, uck 2.0.10. That allows continuing in spite of the error message. It is a .deb file, easy to install with gdebi.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: UCK ISO Image not taking

What is the cause of this problem, though?