View Poll Results: Guerilla UBUNTU idea?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • You're an IDIOT!

44 57.14%
  • GREAT IDEA!

23 29.87%
  • I'm gonna do it too!

7 9.09%
  • You're going to jail...and getting in the paper.

20 25.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guerilla Ubuntu

Beans

Talking Guerilla Ubuntu

What are the legal ramifications for leaving an Ubuntu live CD running on a Windows display model at Best Buy or Future shop?

I know installing it would be a big no no but just booting it up might be OK.

How about leaving copies of Ubuntu in the software for sale racks? Or handing out copies to people leaving the store with computers or leaving them under car wiper blades?

That would be amazing!!!

"Price check on UBUNTU please."

I'm gonna bring MY copy in and try to buy it!!!!!
    YES!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Guerilla Ubuntu

That won't go anywhere but the waste bin. It would be against store policy to solicit such from unauthorized persons, and then there's that law thing.
    I USE THIS SMILEY because im a rocker!!! \m/ pantara and nerveina roles!

also yo-yo ma is great.

Beans

No need as where I live they have on display Ubuntu netbooks on the shelves.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Plus, it may confuse customers. The computer will run more slowly off a LiveCD making the computer look bad. If you don't own something, don't mess with it. (Especially if that something is someone's livelihood).

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles McKitten View Post
    Plus, it may confuse customers. The computer will run more slowly off a LiveCD making the computer look bad. If you don't own something, don't mess with it. (Especially if that something is someone's livelihood).
    Taking money from best buy is sort of justice in it's own right based on the amount of money their so-called "geek squad" charge people to do things as simple as plunging a cable back in.
    Dif-tor heh smusma...
    Registered Linux User #476478 Register At www.counter.li.org
    *Slowly munches on a dead frog*

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by peterthinking View Post
    What are the legal ramifications for leaving an Ubuntu live CD running on a Windows display model at Best Buy or Future shop?

I know installing it would be a big no no but just booting it up might be OK.

How about leaving copies of Ubuntu in the software for sale racks? Or handing out copies to people leaving the store with computers or leaving them under car wiper blades?

That would be amazing!!!

"Price check on UBUNTU please."

I'm gonna bring MY copy in and try to buy it!!!!!
    YES!

you are acting like one of those evangelist who give out flyer's to people on the streets.
    this is not a religion I mean I am ashamed using ubuntu because of you. grow up! I mean simply OMG!!! seriously!

Beans

i voted 'you are an idiot', but would not have put it so harshly in my own words.

do the flyer thing, if anything.

or, find some kids selling lemonaide or car washes... give them a bunch of CD's and tell them they can give them out free with each car wash or whatever.
    Semper Fi

My Non-Ubuntu Blog.
    All posts by me are Public Domain.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by sudoer541 View Post
    you are acting like one of those evangelist who give out flyer's to people on the streets.
    this is not a religion I mean I am ashamed using ubuntu because of you. grow up! I mean simply OMG!!! seriously!
    That's exactly what I was thinking. If you are going to evangelize to that extreme, at least do it for something life changing.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking. If you are going to evangelize to that extreme, at least do it for something life changing.
    Like helping the homeless. Helping homeless > Preaching about free software.

I have a couple thousand hours of community service to back it up, too.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    Like helping the homeless. Helping the homeless.

I have a couple thousand hours of community service to back it up, too.
    I think people should do something better than preaching software. why not help the homeless, donate food and clothes to those who really need them. and you will be rewarded when the right time comes. But if people preach about software no one will reward them.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast