Thread: Brasero doesn't burn ISOs

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Brasero doesn't burn ISOs

Got a question about Brasero. I tried using it to burn a Xubuntu .iso and it went through the whole burn and tells me at the end that there is an error. I had to burn the .iso in Mac OS X.

I did test and get it to burn a data dvd and it loaded fine on my PowerMac with Ubuntu and on my Pismo w/ Mac OS X.

I did not find much to adjust except the plug-ins. Is this a Ubuntu PPC problem or do the Mactel people have the same problem?
    Mac user - Linux noob - Haiku tester
    Pentium E6300 2.8GHz / 2GB RAM / 160-80GB HDs / 512MB GeForce 8400 GS / iMic Audio
    Mac OS 10.7.5 / Ubuntu Studio 12.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Brasero doesn't burn ISOs

Normally it should work. I use Brasero a lot on my PC running Linux Mint. It never failed....

Beans

I don't use brasero, I use nautalus's burner. But I agree, it should just work. Have you tried burning from the cli?

but this doesn't sound like a mac specific problem, so you might get better help at a more general forum, like absolute beginners, or general help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Ok,

I just first wanted to make sure that it was not a PPC bug. I will go and ask at the general forum and see what is up with it.
    Mac user - Linux noob - Haiku tester
    Pentium E6300 2.8GHz / 2GB RAM / 160-80GB HDs / 512MB GeForce 8400 GS / iMic Audio
    Mac OS 10.7.5 / Ubuntu Studio 12.04