Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Authenticating Windows to openLDAP server on Ubuntu 9.10

Beans

Re: Authenticating Windows to openLDAP server on Ubuntu 9.10

Quote Originally Posted by abishur View Post
    hmm... it's trying to say that there is something wrong on line 10 of your slapd.conf file (the line that says Global Directives: ) but I'm just not seeing a problem there. Do you have a space at the beginning of that line (if so delete it). It doesn't matter if you use vi, nano, or gedit. I use gedit because I personally find it easier to work with and catch mistakes. Some people use vi either out of a sense of "Linux Purity" or because the purists tell them to use it Use whatever you're comfortable with using.

If all else fails start at the beginning and take it slow. I literally do not remember how many times I had to start over from scratch while learning how to do this. Keep it up! Sometimes just having someone to talk about what's going on helps you find the real problem!
    Hey abishur,
    Got the line 10 problem licked but when i run the slapadd I am getting this error,

/etc/ldap/slapd.conf: line 116: rootdn is always granted unlimited privileges.
    /etc/ldap/slapd.conf: line 133: rootdn is always granted unlimited privileges.
    added: "dc=BEAVER,dc=local" (00000001)
    <= str2entry: str2ad(Password): attribute type undefined
    slapadd: could not parse entry (line=7)
    _######### 49.35% eta none elapsed none spd 49.6 k/s
    Closing DB...

I know its referencing line 7 just not sure if its on the init.ldif or the slapd.conf
    Let me know your thoughts when you get a chance I really appreciate all the help my friend.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cbhr4u View Post
    Hey abishur,
    Got the line 10 problem licked but when i run the slapadd I am getting this error,

Closing DB...

I know its referencing line 7 just not sure if its on the init.ldif or the slapd.conf
    Let me know your thoughts when you get a chance I really appreciate all the help my friend.
    It is reference the init.ldif file. There are 6 places where you need to replace the dc=example,dc=local with your dc=BEAVER,dc=local. Plus on the 12th line you need to copy and paste in your hashed password from slapd.conf.

Out of curiosity, what ended up being the solution to the previous problem?

Beans

It is reference the init.ldif file. There are 6 places where you need to replace the dc=example,dc=local with your dc=BEAVER,dc=local. Plus on the 12th line you need to copy and paste in your hashed password from slapd.conf.

Out of curiosity, what ended up being the solution to the previous problem?
    Doh, I forgot you should always say what it is you did to solve your problems!!! Rookie mistakes. From re-reading the evayroberto message, the Global Directives: needed a # in front of it, once i added that it showed me the new error. From looking at your code block for the slapd.conf, you dont have a # in fron of the Global, so i'm not sure which one is correct??

Beans

Doh, I forgot you should always say what it is you did to solve your problems!!! Rookie mistakes. From re-reading the evayroberto message, the Global Directives: needed a # in front of it, once i added that it showed me the new error. From looking at your code block for the slapd.conf, you dont have a # in fron of the Global, so i'm not sure which one is correct??
    How embarrassing. When I copied this from the file I made, it removed all my editing and made the very nicely formatted Word file into one giant line. Though I got it back to roughly the same look now, at that spot I thought the # that was supposed to go in front of Global Directives was a part of the long #### line.

Long story short, YES there is supposed to be a pound in front of Global Directives (I've updated my original post to show this). Thanks for pointing it out!

Beans

How embarrassing. When I copied this from the file I made, it removed all my editing and made the very nicely formatted Word file into one giant line. Though I got it back to roughly the same look now, at that spot I thought the # that was supposed to go in front of Global Directives was a part of the long #### line.

Long story short, YES there is supposed to be a pound in front of Global Directives (I've updated my original post to show this). Thanks for pointing it out!
    No problem, now I am getting a different error when running slapadd, with no changes made to the init.ldif.

=> bdb_tool_entry_put: id2entry_add failed: DB_KEYEXIST: Key/data pair already exists (-30995)
    => bdb_tool_entry_put: txn_aborted! DB_KEYEXIST: Key/data pair already exists (-30995)
    slapadd: could not add entry dn="dc=BEAVER,dc=local" (line=1): txn_aborted! DB_KEYEXIST: Key/data pair already exists (-30995)
    _### 17.80% eta none elapsed none spd 357.9 k/s
    Closing DB...

Did slapadd work partially is that why its a different error? Is there a way to remove what was done? Sorry for any stupid questions! Thanks again for your help!

Beans

Hey abishur,
    Think I found 2 more errors in the code block, for the init.ldif, you have
    dn: ou=Idmap, dc=example,dc=localobject
    Class: organizationalUnit
    And I think it should be
    dn: ou=Idmap, dc=example,dc=local
    objectClass: organizationalUnit

Also for the slapd.conf you have

# The maximum number of entries that is returned for a search
    operationsizelimit 500
    And I think it should be
    # The maximum number of entries that is returned for a search operation
    sizelimit 500

I will let you know if i see anything else, thanks again for all your help!

Beans

Hey abishur,
    Think I found 2 more errors in the code block, for the init.ldif, you have
    dn: ou=Idmap, dc=example,dc=localobject
    Class: organizationalUnit
    And I think it should be
    dn: ou=Idmap, dc=example,dc=local
    objectClass: organizationalUnit

Also for the slapd.conf you have

# The maximum number of entries that is returned for a search
    operationsizelimit 500
    And I think it should be
    # The maximum number of entries that is returned for a search operation
    sizelimit 500

I will let you know if i see anything else, thanks again for all your help!
    Right you are! Thanks for the catch! I've updated the original post. Thanks for telling me about the typos. Like I said, I tried to get it all looking the way I had it, but man, after a while my eyes went cross! I'll try and go through tonight really slowly and line by line recheck all this.

I'm guessing by the way that once you caught that error that the slapadd starting working?

Beans

Right you are! Thanks for the catch! I've updated the original post. Thanks for telling me about the typos. Like I said, I tried to get it all looking the way I had it, but man, after a while my eyes went cross! I'll try and go through tonight really slowly and line by line recheck all this.

I'm guessing by the way that once you caught that error that the slapadd starting working?
    Nope, still getting this error
    => bdb_tool_entry_put: id2entry_add failed: DB_KEYEXIST: Key/data pair already exists (-30995)
    => bdb_tool_entry_put: txn_aborted! DB_KEYEXIST: Key/data pair already exists (-30995)
    slapadd: could not add entry dn="dc=BEAVER,dc=local" (line=1): txn_aborted! DB_KEYEXIST: Key/data pair already exists (-30995)
    _### 16.58% eta none elapsed none spd 293.4 k/s
    Closing DB...

Going to play around with it some more and see what i can come up with. If you have any ideas let me know and I will post if i come up with something

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thank you for a well-thought out answer to my question abishur. More power to your tutorials.
    It's OK, everything we know will become obsolete at some time.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cbhr4u

Closing DB...
    cbhr4u, abishur,

I had the same issue (str2entry: str2ad(Password): attribute type undefined) and a quick look in the schemas seems to show that the password property of the simpleSecurityObject should be spelled userPassword...

And to answer to your question: yes, slapadd does partial imports and the database needs to be cleared before a new trial.

Hope this helps,

Eric

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast