Thread: Something went wrong in xfce...

Beans

Unhappy Something went wrong in xfce...

I recently installed xfce. I tried to install KDE too but I got too many errors and I finally stopped trying to do it. I opened an XFCE session (I am still logged in) and something went wrong. The bottom dock and anything else that I might not have noticed excluding the desktop and the icons disappeared for no apparent reason and I cannot get them to reappear. No apps will open except the File Manager... The only reason Firefox is still working is because I didn't close it. I closed my terminal and now it is not opening either. There is no option to log out and I have reason to believe I just uninstalled gnome before I closed the terminal... Has anyone else experienced this strange XFCE lockup... and if I restart will my X Desktop still work?

Beans

Re: Something went wrong in xfce...

All right I'm just gonna restart and see what it does... I have my Ubuntu CD ready lol.

Beans

Re: Something went wrong in xfce...

I just reformatted it wouldn't boot even in recovery mode... Is there a way to safely and easily switch desktop environments I just pushed it until it did what I wanted and it broke.