Hello, I have been struggling seemingly for ever to get my Airlink 101 AWLC3026T to work. It also seems to be know as a RT2561 or even more generically as a RA-61. It is a PCMCIA wireless "G" card sold through Fry's. I have run a hardware test and Unbuntu does find the card. I have set the network to point to my router and set my password. When I do this Ubuntu make changes and the second light comes on - on the card, but I still have no internet access (page not found).

Because my laptop is old (Dell Inspiron 7500, 500 MHZ, 256 MEG) I'm running 8.04 LTS. I have searched the Ubuntu site, but only seem to find stuff going back a number of years. That information has people running these lengthy comand lines in areas of Unbuntu I don't even comprehend. That would be beyond my capability.

Is there some simplified way of getting this to work. PLEASE be specific. Assume I understand n-o-t-h-i-n-g. If I need to go to somewhere in Ubuntu please tell me how to get there. Thank you for your time.
Tom