Thread: How can I undo a window forced full-screen?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

How can I undo a window forced full-screen?

I've installed Kubuntu 9.04 on a machine alongside the one I've been running under openSuSE for the past year, and trying to duplicate the settings I like on the old system. However, I mis-remembered one of the settings and now I don't know how to undo it.

I like to use Konsole enlarged to the full width and height of the screen except leaving the panels visible top and bottom. To do this, I opened a Konsole window, right-clicked on the title-bar, then clicked Advanced > Special Window Settings. There I checked the "Fullscreen" option and set the dropdown menu to "Force."

The first time I used Konsole, I realized my mistake. In fullscreen mode, the panels are covered. To get what I wanted, I should have checked the "Maximized horizontally" and "Maximized vertically" options. Unfortunately, knowing the nature of my error is only halfway to fixing it. The other half would be to un-check the "Fullscreen" option and check the ones I want.

But I can't get to the menu. In fullscreen mode, there is no title-bar on which to right-click to bring up the menu.

Is there a configuration file that I can edit, to undo this setting? Or some other way to gain access to the Special Window Settings menu?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: How can I undo a window forced full-screen?

You can use Alt+F3 to get to that menu.
    (Intel Core i7 860, 2x2GB, Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3L, Radeon HD 4550, Audigy2 ZS Platinum, Sonata) + Asus V6J + Lenovo IdeaPad U330
    YOU can make Kubuntu Lucid a solid distro | My Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Smile Re: How can I undo a window forced full-screen?

Beautiful! Thank you!