Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Hey guys,

I have installed CoD:MW2 through wine (wine-1.1.35) and MP and SP works just fine without any modifications.

The only 2 problems I have are:

1. No true full screen (I can see the top and bottom taskbars)

2. The mouse cursor is the desktop cursor, I can only use the mouse buttons i.e : fire and zoom, but no movements with the mouse.

Update:

3. Sound cluttering, is there anything I can do to get the game sounds smooth?

I am sorry if the information I provided is insufficient, I am new to ubuntu

Cheers and happy new year!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by countervail View Post
    Hey guys,

2. The mouse cursor is the desktop cursor, I can only use the mouse buttons i.e : fire and zoom, but no movements with the mouse.

Cheers and happy new year!
    I can help with this point. There appears to be a bug in version .35 revert to .34 and the desktop cursor problem will be fixed. The discussion for this can be found at wineHQ

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...estingId=47243

I have several other problems (see my post above) I am beginning to thinks a lot of the problems are hardware / driver issues as other people are claiming it just works.

Hope this helps.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I followed the second persons tactic and it works perfectly. Great game!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Lepodo View Post
    I followed the second persons tactic and it works perfectly. Great game!
    Can you clarify who you mean by the second persons tactic.

Beans

Okay ive been surfing all morning and trying to get the installation running. now i managed one thing.

Im installing with the Disk.

Go to terminal and open a windows cmd console.

Code:
    wine cmd
    now it will be in Z drive, which is your linux file system. cd to your wine install path. (default: /home/.wine) and then to your C: drive which is a folder there.

Now the CMD will show that you are in C:\

now go to your steam installation directory default c:\program files\steam
    obs! in windows it's "\" not "/" like in ubuntu.

example:
    Code:
    cd c:\program files\steam
    then run the following:

Code:
    Steam.exe -install "d:"
    make sure you have configured your physical CD drive to be wines D: drive in winecfg.

This started the install process in steam for me.

When you need to change the disk, open another terminal (the old one is busy with the install) and run:

Code:
    wine eject
    This opened my physical DVD drive and i swapped the disk.

Now im a noob and this is my first post which is not a question so dont be to harsh.

Ok, now the install is complete, but when i try to run the game steam says that the install is incomplete. Anyone know what to do now?
    Last edited by thebigredone; February 7th, 2010 at 01:22 PM. Reason: added DVD change. Install complete, more trouble.

Beans

I am having the same problem as unforseen123. I have the game installed and i can start a single player game, but the game runs very slow and the text is all messed up. Which patches fix what exactly?

I see that some people figured out a way to fix it and was wondering if one of them could do a full step by step instruction. Someone saying "the second person was right!" doesn't help when there are 15 people posting and a second person on every page of a 5 page posting.

Can someone please just post instructions on how to fix the problems they got around? If one person posts the text, one person posts the framerate, one person post the mouse, and one person post the incomplete installation, we will never again have to answer a question already asked!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by hype View Post
    Good news !

After following these steps

and installing latest wine 1.1.33 update through wine ppa team, the game works perfectly !

I play at 1680*1050 without issues.

Just small glitch i have noticed, sometimes i get a black screen while videos are playing background (i can hear the sound of the scene): just quickly press alt-tab and click on-screen, you'll get back to the game.

I didnt test multiplayer yet.
    That worked! For 20 seconds.
    It loaded up MW2 and I managed to change over the resolution in the options then it minimized and steam "Verified installation" or something like that and game me the same error of "Incomplete installation".

Close though, will continue to work on it.

Beans

Exclamation Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Not wanting to bump, but I just wanted to warn everyone that by doing these hacks you do have a high chance of being Valve Anti-Cheat banned from Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer. That's a lifetime ban from all legit servers, for MW2, due to how it's hosted.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Mouse (free look, aim) seems to be little wierd with MW2, is this feature or bug?

Steam has free multiplayer weekend with MW2 atm, so I did download it from steam and works ok but mouse do not work so good (shiet multiplay anyways , have tried so far to smooth mouse on/off, and changing sensitivity, but does not change to better.
    Sometimes it is "overmoving" like you are chasing your aim, and other times its like you are "dragging" your aim behind. This is middle of game so sensitivity is same whole time.

Anyone know fix to this?

Setup:
    - Ubuntu 9.10 64bit
    - Wine v1.1.41
    "Trying is the first step towards failure"
    - Homer Simpson

Beans

Ok I am a noob at Linux so try to explain things well. thx in advance. I have suse, and wine 1.x.39 do i need wine doors? i dont know weither steam is installed or not as i see nothing. How do i get steam installed wine does not support .msi installer package. I have the MW2 disks. I tried to run the installer from the disk using wine and it gets a ways then locks up. I also get an error steam.exe (main exception) unable to load library steam.dll. I have been working on this forever, if anyone knows a nice tutorial you could point me to. I've tried google. or how to get steam on wine that'd be grand.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345