Thread: Spalding Linux Users Group (SLUG!)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Spalding Linux Users Group (SLUG!)

Hi there. I'm interested in setting up a Linux Users Group in Spalding (Lincolnshire). There are groups in Northamptonshire and Peterborough but They always seem too far to get to - especially where beer is concerned!

Maybe I'm being a little too hopeful for any response to this, but Spalding has about 30,000 inhabitants which considering that uptake for Linux globally is 4.2%, Spalding should have nearly 1300 Linux users.

Forming a local group would be a great way to discuss ideas, learn from each other and also maybe (if your that way inclined) plan a local mass conversion from Windows (CD's on the street etc).

I'm interested to hear from anyone with allegiance to any distro - but mine happens to be Ubuntu and as it's the most used, seemed like the best place to start.

If I've advertised this idea in the wrong forum and anyone knows of a better alternative, please let me know too.

Please respond to this thread and I'll get back to you.

Many thanks

Steve Granville, Spalding.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Spalding Linux Users Group (SLUG!)

Hi Genefreak I live in Grantham and yes I know what you mean I think Lincolshire should have its own group, Im still new to Linux and I dont know anyone else that uses it local to me..
    IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT !!
    JUST FIX IT TO BREAK IT !!
    tap tap "Stupid Computer" The Age of Stupid...

Beans

Re: Spalding Linux Users Group (SLUG!)

Hi

Still interested?
    I am the 1 of 1300 Spalding Linux users.

Regards,

Wojciech