Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Take part in the worlds biggest cliamte experiment!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Re: Take part in the worlds biggest cliamte experiment!

Sorry, didn't see the linux part...

I agree this isn't spamming, after all, this is community chat. I would actually be interested in this, but using only a laptop I don't think it's a good idea...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy Eyes
    Spam is any unsolicited advertisement. You came here, apparently, solely to promote this experiment. If you don't use Ubuntu or intend to use it, then what business do you have here?
    Take it easy on him. It is Community Chat after all, and as he said, he is intending to use Linux after all. It isn't like he is advertising his own product.

Iandefor is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy Eyes
    Spam is any unsolicited advertisement. You came here, apparently, solely to promote this experiment. If you don't use Ubuntu or intend to use it, then what business do you have here?
    You have no idea how offensive you are, do you? Come off it. His first post was spreading the word on a distributed processing project he thought was cool. So what, now we can't endorse a product/project if we like it?

Coolrunn: I saw that. It looks like a pretty cool project.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Beans

thanks guys. I think it will be a worthwhile experiment and there are some that think global warming isn't either happening or a problem and so maybe this experiment will say once and for all what the most likely future will be of the worlds climate and the reprocussions of that.

Is there any other major forum where this could be posted and people would be interested? (theres not a lot of time left to do this I think)

Beans

There is a programme all about this on BBC FOUR tonight at 9pm if anyones interested.

Iandefor is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by coolrunn
    There is a programme all about this on BBC FOUR tonight at 9pm if anyones interested.
    I would actually be fascinated by watching the report on it. Unfortunately, I don't have cable, much less the BBC .
    This space intentionally left blank.

Beans

Beans

I suspect the Bbc will broadcast it and shows results and give details of it all on the bbc website Iandefor. (probably in april or may) Or they may show it on Bbc world.

Beans

Hey Coolrunn,

You ain't spammin' and it a pity that there are some very narrow minded folk in our community chat section.

This climate experiment is important and if the Ubuntu community can contribute to understand the weather better, then it is the Ubuntu spirit, right...????

If our planet is going on the boil, there will be no more spamming, and no more Ubuntu
    Last edited by nickle; February 21st, 2006 at 11:22 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Helping build the new particle accelerator at CERN is also important. And finding a cure to HIV is definitely more important. There are tons of other projects.

Also he was spamming the way he wrote his post. Next time he should start with something like "Have you heard of this new distributed computing project ? I saw in the news that they are trying to blahblahblah" instead.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast