Thread: Gateway NV52 No Wireless

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Gateway NV52 No Wireless

I have spent hours on google and hours on these forums looking at all of the suggestions related to using MadWifi. Essentially, I don't even have a wireless connection showing up in my network manager and the madwifi drivers don't seem to be working. I know that the Gateway NV52 uses some sort of Atheros chipset for the wireless. I am trying to avoid downgrading to Jaunty and I really want to begin the gradual process of migrating from Windows to Ubuntu.

All these years of Ubuntu use, have been in a dual boot scenario. But now I am feeling comfortable with the idea of leaving Windows behind. Getting my wireless to work, is the final step in making that possible. If I can't get wi-fi to work, I can't use Linux in my graduate classes. So please, help. Any info you need, ask and I will post it. Thank you in advance.
    Using Windows is like having unprotected sex...you're just waiting to eventually catch a virus.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Gateway NV52 No Wireless

Bump. Please help.
    Using Windows is like having unprotected sex...you're just waiting to eventually catch a virus.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Gateway NV52 No Wireless

Bump