View Poll Results: What (in your Humble Oppinion) is the best browser for web-based gaming?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opera (and variants)

2 4.44%
  • Google Chrome (and variants)

9 20.00%
  • FireFox (and variants)

33 73.33%
  • Epiphany Web Browser

1 2.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the best browser for web-games?

Beans

Lightbulb What is the best browser for web-games?

I recently changed from Dows to Ubuntu and I liked using IE as well as F.F. to dual browser game. Well, since Ubuntu doesn't really have a native browser I used Epiphany but it can be slow and buggy on browser games like Mafia Wars (I can't click some of the buttons or it just freezes up).

So, what browser do you use or recommend as a back-up. I am already using Firefox, but what's the OTHER best browser for playing flash-based games like Mafia Wars on Facebook?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: What is the best browser for web-games?

part of what I have done with my day off today was play with browsers, most of the time i have been liking opera more, but I have come across quite a few pages, especially pages with web games or flash games, that either don't load, or load weird. Opera is my browser now for most things, but stuff with heavy flash, i like firefox better still

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy1313 View Post
    part of what I have done with my day off today was play with browsers, most of the time i have been liking opera more, but I have come across quite a few pages, especially pages with web games or flash games, that either don't load, or load weird. Opera is my browser now for most things, but stuff with heavy flash, i like firefox better still
    Thank you for your input. The poll is also showing FireFox to be the best for gaming. I guess I should just find a different firefox-like program to dual browser game?

Beans

If it's Flash, then it really doesn't matter, because the flash plugin is the same across browsers and will be doing all the work. If you have constrained resources where the browser itself is consuming enough resources that it competes with the flash plugin, then I suppose it would make sense to go with a lighter browser like Midori.

If it's Javascript-based, then Chrome is supposed to have improved performance over most other browsers out there, but I haven't really investigated this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I havent heard much about what chrome is doing, i wouldnt doubt that they are trying to beef up their java support, from the articles ive been reading in terms of javascript support, most pages were recomending firefox. not sure if that helped or not

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

For me, it's always Firefox...

wojox is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

Firefox FTW...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Firefox

Beans

Firefox all the way! Doesn't matter whether you use Windows, Mac or Ubuntu, Firefox is the best browser out there.

Beans

Except that firefox doesnt work correctly with some facebook games..

Which as FB becomes more and more popular, more of an issue for the regular user...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast