Thread: Apple controls the car audio market!!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Exclamation Apple controls the car audio market!!!!

The only car that comes with an interface for both ipods and mp3 players is a Mercades Benz! Every other manufacturer is forced to only support the iPod! I use ubuntu exclusively and absolutely will not buy an iPod because I don't want to be controlled by the market or waste money on a device that does not work at all when in a Linux only environment unless jail-broken WITH a friends MAC or WindowsPC and then still be pointlessly hard to transfer with!! Whatever shall I do? Id like to use my phone or psp but they are both no good at managing music! I like the COWON S9 but no car has a hands-free interface compatible with it.
    CPU: 4ghz AMD 6 core | RAM: 16gb 1800mhz | HDD: 2*1TB (Striped lvm) 4*30GB SSD (Striped lvm) | Nvidia 9800GTX+ | ASUS Xonar D2X | Marantz 2265B Audio Console With Vacuum Tube Preamps

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Apple controls the car audio market!!!!

I suppose it depends on the type of audio connection in the vehicle. The newer Ford Explorers, for instance, use a headphone-jack type connection that supports any MP3 player.
    Dell XPS M1330, 2GB RAM, Intel Duo-Core Processor 1.5 GHz
    Ubuntu 11.04, Win XP in Virtual Box
    Proud (but inactive) Member of the Ubuntu Manual Team
    Registered Linux User #490335 / Registered Ubuntu User #27482