Thread: Gnometris is SLOW

Beans

Gnometris is SLOW

Like, really slow. Even on the 'plain' theme, it takes entire SECONDS to do anything...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Gnometris is SLOW

I agree, I do not understand why it is so slow as it is not graphically intense. When you change from the default theme it does get even worse... this is on a decently high end desktop computer w/ graphics card and all. Definitely something that should be looked into.
    "Truth persuades by teaching, but does not teach by persuading." - Quintus Septimius Tertullianus

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I agree. When I clean out my menu's after a new install I get rid of the games I don't play among all the other things, and sadly this has to be one of them that I have to get rid of no matter what computer I'm running it on. The graphics works just as well on my lousy old laptop with a Celeron M 1.6GHz and 256MB RAM as it does on my newer desktop.

And it's been like this for a while too, someone really ought to do something about it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Same problem here, the game isn't even playable the lag is simply insane and that on a computer that run CoD:MW2 and Crysis with high graphic

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

LOL, exactly. Hahaha just can't help but laugh, sorry.
    "Truth persuades by teaching, but does not teach by persuading." - Quintus Septimius Tertullianus