Thread: ATI HD Radeon 6630m tearing

Beans

Angry ATI HD Radeon 6630m tearing

I'm running 12.04 64bit with an HD Radeon 6630m and Catalyst 12.4 drivers from AMD.

I've tried almost every combination I can think of between Compiz settings (e.g workarounds and OpenGL) and I still have pretty horrid horizontal tearing while watching video fullscreened or windowed. As I dislike Windows, I'm hoping someone can help figure this out with me. Would hate to have to go back to Windows for something as trivial as watching video

As far as I remember from last week when I uninstalled the catalyst drivers and used the open source drivers, I still had tearing even combined with compiz workarounds. I didn't have this issue with Ubuntu 11.04.

Advice would be appreciated, thank you

Beans

Re: ATI HD Radeon 6630m tearing

Same problem here. The open source drivers dont actually seem to work.
    Compiz doesnt work too. :/
    I have 12.04

Beans

Oh cool, I'm not the only one. This is actually a huuuuuge downbuzz for me, I might try and bear with just using my HD3000 and see how that goes. However, I would still love to hear from anyone who has any idea of how to fix this.

Beans

It appears I was wrong about the open source drivers not working, they do, for the most part, not sure if they didn't before, or if I was just wrong. Hopefully these drivers will be fine for some casual gaming.

If anyone else has issues with the open source ones, adjust compiz workarounds, and disable sync to vblank in OpenGL