Page 92 of 114 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi bromalex,
    Does the name changing interfere with xsetwacom scripts? Since the script has one name and then it changes. Or is xsetwacom handling that?
    Hi Favux

Yes it does. Whenever you replug Bamboo those changing names preclude using a fixed script for xsetwacom commands.

Fortunately some clever guys concocted a script that "greps" the newest name for the devices.

I have a script for enabling/disabling Touch based on that. Check Posts #891 and #897

Bye
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Beans

Hi nossifer,

Thank you for the update. That's interesting, your results seem to be hinting at some version conflict.

The reason you lost the descriptive name is probably "purge wacom-tools" removed the new-working .fdi. Or 0.8.5-10 now installs the .fdi automatically when compiled. Not sure which. You could check and see if the .fdi was changed. If you want the descriptive names you could use the new-working .fdi.

Actually I'd be interested in knowing if going back to (if it was overwritten) the new-working changed the performance any.
    Hi Favux.
    I will rerun the purge and see what .fdi is where along the way. TTY later in the day.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thumbs down Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Hi texaswriter,

OK, I think I've got you. You followed the little how to I posted for 0.8.5-10. But that was the first time you tried 5-10, correct? It wasn't because you were on 0.8.5-10 with the wacomcpl not working? Previously it had been the patched 0.8.5-9 or whatever for you, right?

Anyway glad you like -10!
    You have it correct. I was using the patched whatever from the OP. Thanks again!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi texaswriter,

You're welcome.
    I was using the patched whatever from the OP.
    So that hints at a resolved version conflict also. This time between the wacom-tools installed when patching and compiling 0.8.5-9.

Hi nossifer,

OK, that will be interesting. The purge this time shouldn't do anything because the compiled linuxwacom shouldn't have registered with the package manager so it won't remove the wacom-tools package because as far as it is concerned it isn't there.

Hi bromalex,

Whenever you replug Bamboo those changing names preclude using a fixed script for xsetwacom commands. Fortunately some clever guys concocted a script that "greps" the newest name for the devices.
    I saw that but just wanted it confirmed. Thanks. By the way nice work on the scripts guys!

One final question. Have you tried the .fdi's on post #384? Do either work for you? If so does it obviate the need for a script that parses the Device name? In other words can you go back to fixed scripts?
    Last edited by Favux; February 24th, 2010 at 02:35 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Obrigado, Bromalex.

I followed your guide step by step and got no errors.

However, while "lsusb" shows "Bus 004 Device 002: ID 056a:00d2 Wacom Co., Ltd", "xsetwacom list dev" produces no output, "wacomcpl" shows no device and GIMP does not show the tablet in its Input Devices list.

I'm running Karmic, kernel 2.6.31-19 and my tablet is a Bamboo Fun Pen & Touch.

Any ideas why it doesn't work?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Earlier post refers to bromalex HowTo in post #627

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Exclamation Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Hey, just wanted to bring to y'alls attention a weird problem I have... It's actually with a program that used the tablet, but the problem is weirdly enough resolved by 1) restarting 2) logging out [if you can manage that] 3) unplugging & replugging the tablet

So, as a result, I am not sure if it is the program, Xournal causing the problem or something with the tablet itself.

The problem is: almost all icons, whether in the program, on the gnome panels stop responding to clicks [whether from the mouse or touch/stylus]... No matter what, you can still write on the xournal, even if you manoage to open another program. Minimizing doesn't work...

I can hit control-alt-delete, and probably other shortcuts work as well. Hitting Alt-Fn-F1 will highlight the Applications menu, but moving the arrow keys does not actually open the menu [aka, LITERALLY, the Applications is highlighted but the actual menu does not open...]. According to moving the arrow keys, focus is still in the Xournal program.

I can Control-S for save, continue writing [erasing doesn't work]...

Do you think that is a program bug or does it sound like something in the driver?

Edit: I should mention, it just does this occasionally. Rarely, in fact, but if I run it long enough, it seems it will eventually do that. Even more rarely, it will resolve itself over time.. It's really weird.
    Last edited by texaswriter; February 26th, 2010 at 03:31 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Jored View Post
    Obrigado, Bromalex.
    I followed your guide step by step and got no errors.
    Any ideas why it doesn't work?
    Hi Jored

Things have progressed and the latest version of linuxwacom is now 0.8.5-10.
    I would advise you to follow instructions in Post #1 to install the latest version. Follow Option A in that Post and hopefully you'll do fine.
    If the problems persist, I am hoping that Favux could help you. I am just a rookie in this linuxwacom thing.
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Beans

Hey guys i've got the bare necessities working and im wondering how I can modify the buttons and get sensitivity working.

Also, this is a bit unrelated but is there a program like one note that allows me to take notes via tablet pen and save it in a notebook?

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi Kennethfaria,

Xournal, and it has pressure. For letter recognition CellWriter.

To get pressure in Gimp or Inkscape etc. (programs that have it) you have to configure the extended input devices, see the Wacom wiki near the end.

Buttons aren't completely straightened out yet. Should be better when 0.8.5-11 comes out in a couple of weeks. For some ideas see the scripts a couple of pages back.

Page 92 of 114 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast