Page 49 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Beans

Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

You guys are awesome.

Basically, I now have a working tablet. If someone can remind me how to set the touchpad to relative mode I'll almost perfectly set!

After reboot, with both Favux's latest fdi and with the fdi included in Post #1I get:
    Touch:
    Absolute positioning
    - No constant selection
    Tapping = click, dragging possible
    - No multi-touch yet (but are we working on that yet?)
    All buttons on the pad working (left-click, right-click and two versions of middle-click - scroll up and down, basically).

Stylus:
    Pen and eraser with pressure and working buttons.

Logs attached. Had to split the messages and Xorg for the Post #1 fdi session for size reasons.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Code:
    xsetwacom set touch Mode relative
    Cursor got placed at the left border of the screen when I activated relative mode, but following prefiks2's advice got relative mode working:
    Quote:
    You can fix that with xsetwacom:

xsetwacom set touch bottomx 740
    xsetwacom set touch bottomy 500

But driver should do that for you... (those numbers are correct for medium one tablet, i don't know correct values for smaller ones but you can find them in log you need to search for wacom_wac->features->{x,y}_max)
    We should collect important xsetwacom commands and stuff in the first post.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dnprossi View Post
    Test on 25.3 with requested fdi on post #1

Stylus no problems encountered...

Touch works but with some issues when pressing buttons especially button 1 that disables all button clicks from all devices standard mouse included, pressing any other button returns functionality though...

when left idle for some time one has to tap once for touch to be enabled.

both absolute and relative modes work with a little difficulty in selecting and double tapping on icons in absolute mode as when releasing and tapping again shifts the cursor out of icon range...

No crashes...

I will test new-generic_test2_10-linuxwacom.fdi now...
    Here it is...
    Same as up no major issue except buttons...
    Difference from above No xorg.0.log data received..
    No crashes...

Button1 left-click
    Button2 right-click
    Button3 scroll-up
    Button4 scroll-down

Cheers....
    Last edited by dnprossi; November 18th, 2009 at 10:38 AM.

Beans

:
    Code:
    xsetwacom set touch Mode relative
    Excellent. Thanks Rebecca2525. At work now but will check it out when I get home.

Beans

After a two hour pause not using tablet but there since last test and some sporadic button clicks by mistake i used touch again and ubuntu froze...

attached message.log block when it happened...

Still using favux latest fdi

EDIT!!
    Updated and detailed test on post #321

Went back to requested Post #1 fdi.
    Last edited by dnprossi; November 18th, 2009 at 02:23 PM.

Beans

Hi all, just sending this out before I head off to work

This is 25.4, but I should probably start bumping the main version to get back on track with the next set.

It should fix any scheduling while atomic problems (if you've seen them). The first was a change I made to fall in line with general kernel do's and don'ts. wacom_sys_irq was passing on a pointer to a stack allocated structure, rather than that I changed it to a kzalloc, but forgot to make it GFP_ATOMIC, which will cause problems in an interrupt handler. I thinks this was being reported as "BUG: scheduling while atomic: swapper". The next is the spin locks in the wacom_bpt_irq function. I had one big lock and every once in a while I'd get a "BUG:scheduling while atomic: X.org" which I think was related to locking and sending input commands to X. While there are now more spin locks, they are activated only when reading or writing to the shared state variables between the pen and touch devices. The other thing is that the device will periodically send pen up events "basically 02 00 00 ..." to clear any states I guess. This was causing some interesting things with pen to touch transfers. Also I rearranged the variable names ont he pen status bits after spending some time looking at the transfer. I think they are mostly correct now and the lockups seen when switching from pen to touch are now gone. There are logic problems that still have to be sorted out for multi-touch and if the cursor stops responding you should just tap/lift until it moves again. Finally the device names are now reported independently and I removed the & from the names to make it easier to use the dynamic hal names the driver provides on the command line with xsetwacom. Touch is reported as "<name from features struct> Touch" and Pen is reported as "<name from features struct> Pen".

Edit: you'll also notice that WACOM_PKGLEN_BBPT_PEN is back to 9... I know I introduced the 18 length thing(sorry). I realized last night that the 18 length being returned by the pen was actually two successive pen packets and back when there was only one urb buffer used it had to be 20 to get the touch packets. Now that the data transfers are separate the pen PKGLEN of 9 should work for everyone.

I used for ~2 hours without any crashes last night so I'm pretty sure that fixes any X.org lockup scenarios.

Good luck and hopefully this is one step closer to the finish line...
    Last edited by ob1kenobi; November 18th, 2009 at 03:29 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Ok the sun is up!

So crashing I think is definitely button related. Last night I didn't realize that my button1 was being held down - due to my setup here. Also that button didn't seems to have much 'detent' or click and I think it make have got stuck on at times! But it sound like Ob1 is onto it!!!

WE ARE ALOST THERE!!! - heading to work also.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

I am going to move the updates into the first post in a couple of hours. I run into a busy morning over here. I did not update one of my laptops that is running Gentoo and now I am paying the price for it, I was updating a guide to install 0.8.4-4 for N-Trig devices, and now I have to take my son to the library. I sure hope my wife does not go into labor today.

So if you don't hear from me within the next 24-hours, then the last sentence in the previous paragraph occurred.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    I am going to move the updates into the first post in a couple of hours. I run into a busy morning over here. I did not update one of my laptops that is running Gentoo and now I am paying the price for it, I was updating a guide to install 0.8.4-4 for N-Trig devices, and now I have to take my son to the library. I sure hope my wife does not go into labor today.

So if you don't hear from me within the next 24-hours, then the last sentence in the previous paragraph occurred.
    What a great day for you.. Best wishes from Italy!!!!!!
    Last edited by dnprossi; November 18th, 2009 at 05:35 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post

And best wishes from the Irish contingent too!

(I was tempted to make some comment about how people should keep their priorities straight, but I'll keep that to myself

On a less fun note, 25.4 breaks things for me. I get nothing in /varl/og/messages past the module loading:
    Code:
    Nov 18 16:30:58 Childers kernel: [  871.089614] usbcore: deregistering interface driver wacom
    Nov 18 16:31:01 Childers kernel: [  874.340698] usbcore: registered new interface driver wacom
    Nov 18 16:31:01 Childers kernel: [  874.340702] wacom: v1.49-pc-2:USB Wacom Graphire and Wacom Intuos tablet driver
    I've attached Xorg.0.log in case there's anything useful in there.

EDIT:
    Have gone back to 25.3, and everything's working great. My one minor whinge is that the statement for flipping it to left-handed mode isn't working:

Code:
    <merge key="input.x11_options.Rotate" type="string">HALF</merge>
    I've tried it in a few different sections of the fdi, and tried it through xsetwacom, to no avail. Would appreciate any pointers!
    Last edited by marek_online; November 18th, 2009 at 06:16 PM.

Page 49 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast