oops, double post.

Beans

Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca2525 View Post
    oops, double post.
    Now is triple

Beans

Hehe. I can also set the relative cursor speed with xsetwacom, and stylus overwrites touch as it's supposed to be. Yay! Touch sometimes does stop working for a few seconds, but I'm not sure yet if there's a pattern.

Overall very nice! =D>

Wait a minute, in MyPaint I can already use two fingers to scroll sideways? How cool is that! (Although it scrolls in the opposite direction I thought it should. ) And trying to scroll up and down has the cursor end up in the lower right corner of the screen. Or am I just seeing a side-effect of something else?
    Last edited by rebecca2525; November 17th, 2009 at 10:54 PM.

Beans

Hehe. I can also set the relative cursor speed with xsetwacom, and stylus overwrites touch as it's supposed to be. Yay! Touch sometimes does stop working for a few seconds, but I'm not sure yet if there's a pattern.

Overall very nice! =D>

Wait a minute, in MyPaint I can already use two fingers to scroll sideways? How cool is that! (Although it scrolls in the opposite direction I thought it should. ) And trying to scroll up and down has the cursor end up in the lower right corner of the screen. Or am I just seeing a side-effect of something else?
    Which patch are you on right now?

Beans

And trying to scroll up and down has the cursor end up in the lower right corner of the screen. Or am I just seeing a side-effect of something else?
    Its bug in gestures code, somehow its only visible in relative mode.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ob1kenobi View Post
    Which patch are you on right now?
    Sorry, I'm so exited right now! Your 25.2 with the 31 fdi.

Beans

Sorry, I'm so exited right now! Your 25.2 with the 31 fdi.
    Please try 25.3 in post #445 with 31s fdi. It has prefiks2's latest xorg code in it. You will need to recompile and install the xdrv and kernel module and reboot.

If it works, we may have a new target for patch 34.
    Last edited by ob1kenobi; November 17th, 2009 at 11:12 PM. Reason: update with post number for patch 25.3

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by prefiks2 View Post
    Its bug in gestures code, somehow its only visible in relative mode.
    Confirmed.

During the last 40 minutes or so, X hung twice. The last time it got unstuck when I pressed a tablet button, don't recall what I did the first time (not restart, something else). I attached the xorg log.

Please try 25.3 a few pages back with 31s fdi. It has prefiks2's latest xorg code in it. You will need to recompile and install the xdrv and kernel module and reboot.
    I'd love to, but I should go to bed now...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi everyone,

Cool, more progress.

Just for fun I decided to take a fresh look at the 10-linuxwacom.fdi in 0.8.5-4. Following ob1's lead I've tried to make the minimum changes to support the Bamboo P & T's and yet keep all the previous Wacom tablets supported. And hopefully (with a lot of luck) populate "xsetwacom list" for usb, serial, and bluetooth tablets. So wacomcpl is available.

It's still not clear to me that for the P & T's that pad needs to be on 'if1' so I left it in 'if0'. If it does need to be added to 'if1' I think that can be done with an info.callout to hal-setup-wacom and pad append without interfering with the pad on 'if0'.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

I have changed the first post to reflect the current progress going on with ob1kenobi and prefiks2 changes. I feel that it would be easier than trying to test multiple versions at this point. With the speed of all the changes, I did not join the correct fdi file yet, but I will do that for the next release. I did add Favux's fdi file as a link for testing. I also left ob1kenobi's version there in case we still need to test it.

Page 46 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast