I have a karmic desktop 32 bit.
I just bought a bamboo pen and touch and started googling.
My configuration is a bit unusual therefore I decided to post here my short experience in the hope it can help someone and get me some help.
I have two monitors: one (screen0) is horizontal, the other one (screen1) is vertical, i.e. rotated 90°cw. This configuration is very useful for reading and editing full-page documents.
I have a nvidia card so I use the xinerama extension to have a sort of twinview. It works great and I can move a window from one screen to the other and have a window just in the middle of the two screens (completely unuseful, but it gives the idea).
I bought the bamboo mainly to use it as a touch device, sort of a touchpad. I have pain in my wrist and this makes me hate the mouse.
So this is what I got till now:
- the pen is working, it stays confined in the screen where I put it with the mouse. If I want to change screen I grab the mouse, click on the target screen and that's all.
- the pen works great, indeed.
- the first two buttons on the tablet act as the up and down arrown in the keyboard. The other buttons do not work.
- the button on the pen acts as the central button of the mouse.
- The pen tip click is okay.
- The touch 'sort of' works: it's a bit unstable but responds. I'm using it in relative mode, i.e. it emulates a touchpad. Sometimes it looses the contact, i.e., it seems that the sensibility changes at run time. Sometimes I have to press veeeery lightly and sometimes I have to be a little more rude in order to have a reaction.
- only single touch, no multitouch, no gestures (I actually disabled them). When I tried gestures I got a big mess (only some sort of magnification, quite unstable).
- the very pain in the... uh, neck, is the tapping: if I tap on the bamboo with my finger, I always get the rightclick-menu. So tapping is currently connected to right button (button 3). How can I fix this?
This is the sequence of xsetwacom commands I gave to get my configuration up, after a fresh installation of linux-wacom 8.5.10 pre-patched:
- xsetwacom set Wacom_Bamboo_Craft1_touch Capacity 1
- xsetwacom set Wacom_Bamboo_Craft1_touch Accel 7
- xsetwacom set Wacom_Bamboo_Craft1_touch Gesture off
- xsetwacom set Wacom_Bamboo_Craft1_touch TwinView Xinerama
- xsetwacom set Wacom_Bamboo_Craft1_touch MMonitor off
- xsetwacom set Wacom_Bamboo_Craft_Pen0 MMonitor off
- xsetwacom set Wacom_Bamboo_Craft_Pen0 TwinView Xinerama
I hope this post is useful and that someone can help.
I apologise for my rocky-balboa english: I'm quite tired and here is night.
best wishes and thank you very much for your great work.