Page 44 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Beans

Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

which kernel version are you compiling against?

Beans

2.6.30-2-amd64 which is the default kernel for Debian Testing (yeah, not on Ubuntu here...)

Compiling didn't go smoothly on my system, I had this problem which I solved this way. I hope that isn't causing any problems now. It worked fine so far.
    Last edited by rebecca2525; November 17th, 2009 at 07:47 PM.

Beans

Hi everyone,

Just tried patch 31 and ob1kenobi's.

With patch 31, I have stylus and eraser with pressure, but no movement from touch, and X crashes on reboot as before.

With ob1kenobi's 25.x patch I have stylus and eraser, but touch is scaled to the top-left quarter of my screen after a reboot (it seemed to have been scaled to the whole screen before the reboot). The buttons on the pad are, in right-handed profile from the top-down: left-click, right-click, middle-click with upward movement, middle-click with downward movement.

The logs here are from the 25.x patch. I'm getting dragged out the door right now, but I'll try to post back later with something worthwhile on patch 31 (no doubt I'll be two version behind then!)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by marek_online View Post
    Hi everyone,

With ob1kenobi's 25.x patch I have stylus and eraser, but touch is scaled to the top-left quarter of my screen after a reboot (it seemed to have been scaled to the whole screen before the reboot).
    This is the fdi/X.org bug I was talking about in post #390

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca2525 View Post
    2.6.30-2-amd64 which is the default kernel for Debian Testing (yeah, not on Ubuntu here...)

Compiling didn't go smoothly on my system, I had this problem which I solved this way. I hope that isn't causing any problems now. It worked fine so far.
    Ok you must be missing the dbg definition in usb.h in the kernel headers.

You can add this after #define DEBUG in wacom_wac.c and wacom_sys.c to get the full printouts:

Code:
    #ifdef DEBUG
    #define dbg(format, arg...) printk(KERN_DEBUG "%s: " format "\n" , \
            __FILE__ , ## arg)
    #else
    #define dbg(format, arg...) do {} while (0)
    #endif
    EDIT: then repost the message log entries from modprobe wacom please
    Last edited by ob1kenobi; November 17th, 2009 at 08:11 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Quote Originally Posted by ob1kenobi View Post
    kgingeri,
    Added a spinlock to the wacom_bpt_irq call, please test when you get a chance. Hopefully you're at work by now and not wasting more time on this though

EDIT: Should also note that this incorporates prefiks2 last change to send MSC_SERIAL events (thanks prefiks2!)

EDIT2: Fix patch to be bzip2 compressed like it said it was...
    I am at work - and trying like crazy to keep my nose clean
    I should get a change later tonight (it's now 2:16pm my time)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ob1kenobi View Post
    Ok you must be missing the dbg definition in usb.h in the kernel headers.

You can add this after #define DEBUG in wacom_wac.c and wacom_sys.c to get the full printouts:

Code:
    #ifdef DEBUG
    #define dbg(format, arg...) printk(KERN_DEBUG "%s: " format "\n" , \
            __FILE__ , ## arg)
    #else
    #define dbg(format, arg...) do {} while (0)
    #endif
    EDIT: then repost the message log entries from modprobe wacom please
    This doesn't change a thing in /var/log/messages, but I noticed that there's more output in dmesg, is that the info you are looking for? (I always thought that the output in dmesg and /var/log/messages would be the same, but well...) Btw, I just plugged the tablet in for a couple of seconds without using it to produce that output.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca2525 View Post
    This doesn't change a thing in /var/log/messages, but I noticed that there's more output in dmesg, is that the info you are looking for? (I always thought that the output in dmesg and /var/log/messages would be the same, but well...) Btw, I just plugged the tablet in for a couple of seconds without using it to produce that output.
    Didn't think about the logging structure, but I always do a tail -f /var/log/syslog instead of messages when I insert the module... Still not sure why the tablet appears to be streaming touch data on patch 31... hmmm

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

It is because of the packet length. In wacom_wac.c around line 1221 or so, you should see:
    Code:
        { "Wacom Bamboo P&T 4x5",     WACOM_PKGLEN_BBPT_PEN,  14720,  9200, 1023, 63, BAMBOO_PT },  // CTH-460
        { "Wacom Bamboo Pen 4x5",     WACOM_PKGLEN_BBPT_PEN,  14720,  9200, 1023, 63, BAMBOO_PT }, // CTL-460
        { "Wacom Bamboo Craft",       WACOM_PKGLEN_BBPT_PEN,  14720,  9200, 1023, 63, BAMBOO_PT }, // CTL-461/S
        { "Wacom Bamboo P&T 6x8",     WACOM_PKGLEN_BBPT_PEN,  21648, 13530, 1023, 63, BAMBOO_PT }, // CTH-661
        { "Wacom Bamboo Touch",       WACOM_PKGLEN_BBPT_PEN,  14720,  9200, 1023, 63, BAMBOO_PT },
    It should be:
    Code:
        { "Wacom Bamboo P&T 4x5",     WACOM_PKGLEN_BBPT_TOUCH,  14720,  9200, 1023, 63, BAMBOO_PT },  // CTH-460
        { "Wacom Bamboo Pen 4x5",     WACOM_PKGLEN_BBPT_TOUCH,  14720,  9200, 1023, 63, BAMBOO_PT }, // CTL-460
        { "Wacom Bamboo Craft",       WACOM_PKGLEN_BBPT_TOUCH,  14720,  9200, 1023, 63, BAMBOO_PT }, // CTL-461/S
        { "Wacom Bamboo P&T 6x8",     WACOM_PKGLEN_BBPT_TOUCH,  21648, 13530, 1023, 63, BAMBOO_PT }, // CTH-661
        { "Wacom Bamboo Touch",       WACOM_PKGLEN_BBPT_TOUCH,  14720,  9200, 1023, 63, BAMBOO_PT },
    I overlooked that section.

ob1kenobi, why do you have that section listed as PEN instead of TOUCH? If we have it at TOUCH, we wouldn't need to configure it in wacom_probe in wacom_sys.c, right?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    ob1kenobi, why do you have that section listed as PEN instead of TOUCH? If we have it at TOUCH, we wouldn't need to configure it in wacom_probe in wacom_sys.c, right?
    Nope, there is only one feature entry per device id in that table. Unfortunately these tablets are one device with two interfaces. I default to PEN in the features entry for purely semantical reasons (i.e. the wacom's are traditionally pen devices). In 25.2 I modify that pktlen entry to match the touch packet length if that is the current interface being probed. And with prefiks2 dynamically allocated features patch, it creates two separate structures (one for each interface) with the separate and correct information for two interfaces on the device.

Still doesn't explain why tablet messages are always on from patch 31...
    EDIT: Click... Yes it does, since patch 31 doesn't change the features->pktlen like 25.2 does, it registers usb_fill_urb_int with the shorter 18 message length. Which is why changing the wacom_features table to BBPT_TOUCH makes 31 work.
    Last edited by ob1kenobi; November 17th, 2009 at 09:43 PM.

Page 44 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast