Page 101 of 114 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1132

Thread: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Beans

Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Hi guys, I am back again and I think I am having a problem with the "cp" of the wacom.ko file.

Code:
    sudo cp src/2.6.27/wacom.ko /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/input/tablet/
    cp: cannot stat `src/2.6.27/wacom.ko': No such file or directory
    I have checked to see if the linuxwacom-0.8.5-12/src/2.6.27wacom.ko exists there and it does not.
    But when I checked the /lib/modules/2.6.31-20-generic/kernel/drivers/input/tablet it seems to be there. Am I thinking of this copying and pasting thing back to front? Or is it that I am missing the wacom.ko file in the linuxwacom-0.8.5-12 altogether?

I am just going to push on through the instructions for now and see if I can get this working.

Thanks

PS: There is a wacom.ko file in the src/2.6.30 folder. You think its a good idea to copy paste that one instead? It seems to be the latest one.
    Last edited by PidgeyBlock; April 6th, 2010 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Wrong code, I made a syntax error on my second try

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Question Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Quote Originally Posted by texaswriter View Post
    For anybody doing this however, the part of the steps where you copy the driver to your $(uname -r), the SOURCE directory has to be updated because the driver is no longer compiled and put into the 27 kernel directory, it's now put in the 30... so replace the "27" with "30".
    Pidgey> Try searching the thread if you have a question... As you said, 1000 posts, chances are good somebody might have asked. In fact, not 3 or 4 posts previous to yours I addressed that.

The file you are looking you may find in the above named directory IF everything compiled right. Also, double check the following below as well.

Ayuthia> Can you put the following in your directions... compiling will fail without it. A Fortran 77 compiler needs to be installed. The only way I know how to do it is by
    Code:
    sudo aptitude install f2c
    It will ask to install a few things... one of them is something 77 that is not as intuitive to find using aptitude search as one might think... So, Do that before ./configure or make or make install and everything should go fine.

Beans

Pidgey> Try searching the thread if you have a question... As you said, 1000 posts, chances are good somebody might have asked. In fact, not 3 or 4 posts previous to yours I addressed that.

The file you are looking you may find in the above named directory IF everything compiled right. Also, double check the following below as well.
    Wow, sorry for not checking. I will be more vigilant in the future I hope. Thanks Texaswriter.

EDIT: Wow my wacom works now, thanks Texas writer for the help, it wasn't nearly as complicated as I thought!
    Last edited by PidgeyBlock; April 6th, 2010 at 05:39 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by kgingeri View Post
    BTW another minor correction in post #1...

should be /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/

This is my observation - yes. The by-path links show up, but no sym-links until you copy in the rules files. The tablet does work with only the by-path, but I still like the more human-readable sym-links.
    wacomcpl and other tools do not see the tablet devices. However, X11 detects the hardware and does reasonable, but incomplete things ...
    thus my need to read this thread.

I've tried to follow what I've found in various threads, but so far no joy. It seems that I need to tinker with my FDI files because wacom-tools expects one set of names but hal detects and uses a different set of names.

I'm running Ubuntu Jaunty [recent patches] on a Thinkpad X61-tablet.
    My kernel is v2.6.28-18-generic.

Stumped,
    ~~~ 0;-Dan
    "All government spending, regardless of the motives, uses YOUR money."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Ayuthia/other developers> I compiled the latest version from the open source website and am using that. Touch is working as well [it seems] as in the version downloaded here. Touch and multitouch work ok. Same problem with losing track if you move too fast. I just downloaded the version on the website and compiled according to the directions in the first post.

The new version is installed on my home computer, but same OS: Kubuntu Karmic.

For anybody doing this however, the part of the steps where you copy the driver to your $(uname -r), the SOURCE directory has to be updated because the driver is no longer compiled and put into the 27 kernel directory, it's now put in the 30... so replace the "27" with "30".
    I can fully confirm on my Ubuntu Karmic.
    Using the last version (0.8.5-12) downloaded from the sourceforge linuxwacom project web site (http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pro...-dev/0.8.5-12/) everything works exactly the same as with the patched version downloadable from the link in the first post here.

update: now the touch device is detected with its correct name: "touch". It was detected as "touch touch" with my previous setup (0.8.5.10 with patch). I still have the troubles described in my previous posts with confining the touch to a single screen. I suspect this is related to my unconventional settings (one monitor is horizontal and the second is vertical, i.e. rotated 90° cw).
    Last edited by ianni67; April 6th, 2010 at 02:49 PM. Reason: correction

Beans

Hi All!

Could someone help a stupid sod with explaining exactly what to do to get the tablet to work? I just bought the Bamboo Fun Pen and Touch (small). I have Ubuntu 9.10, and my knowledge in Ubuntu/Linux is completely limited to starting the computer and clicking the "Gimp" icon. Some basic knowledge in programming is in there somewhere. But I really need a "for dummies"-version, preferably in just one reply.

Pls help?

/the other half

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Question Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Is there any way to see or fetch all [aka, 100%] of this thread as one screen or file or "printer friendly"?

There are loads of details that weave in and out making screen reading
    to pick out stuff relevant to me a bit troublesome.

Thanks,
    ~~~ 0;-Dan

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Lightbulb Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Quote Originally Posted by halthur View Post
    Hi All!

Could someone help a stupid sod with explaining exactly what to do to get the tablet to work? I just bought the Bamboo Fun Pen and Touch (small). I have Ubuntu 9.10, and my knowledge in Ubuntu/Linux is completely limited to starting the computer and clicking the "Gimp" icon. Some basic knowledge in programming is in there somewhere. But I really need a "for dummies"-version, preferably in just one reply.

Pls help?

/the other half
    Hi Halthur,

First off, please check this post [it's in this thread]

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...22#post9075022

Then, head off to the VERY first post in this thread, here is that link as well...

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1321238

Follow the instructions PRECISELY and don't worry if you go get "errors" when you do clean or make clean. You'll be up and running in no time.

And, ONCE you get that installed, return to this thread and click "search this thread" for GIMP to see if you find any useful hints for you.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

The "Wacom Serial Tablet PC Pen Tablet/Digitizer" (report from 'xinput')
    for my Thinkpad X61-tablet, tablet-PC works ... sort of. I've tried much of this thread that looked like it might help without success. Can someone point me in the right direction?

1. As a laptop (screen landscape; with real keyboard) I can run xournal and use the stylus to make digital ink. The eraser makes digital ink, too. It does not ... erase.

2. I can rotate the screen into tablet (screen portrait; real keyboard hidden) mode and the orientation changes. The cursor does not follow the stylus.. It moves when the stylus moves but is in some un-related location on the display.

3. I cannot find the event that fires when I (a)extract the stylus, or (b) store the stylus with the built-in stylus storage slot. I know there is an event because win-dose reports extract and replace actions with a pop-up.

Cheers,
    ~~~ 0;-Dan

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

SaintDanBert> In Xournal, goto <Options> and select <Eraser tip>

All the other special configurations for buttons can be found there.

I don't know about your other two. Screen rotation works. If you are having problems, maybe you are using the wrong commands. Try searching the thread for "rotate" or "rotation".

Page 101 of 114 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast