Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: HOWTO: Fix touchpad, keyboard freeze on resume/thaw for laptops with i8042 controller

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Fix touchpad, keyboard freeze on resume/thaw for laptops with i8042 contro

Thanks a lot, worked wonders.

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Fix touchpad, keyboard freeze on resume/thaw for laptops with i8042 contro

Hi

Got a lenovo y310 3000

Just installed Linux Mint 10 Julia (had the same problem with 9)

I copied the script, tried changing it to "$1"but it does not work. The suspend log says

Code:
    Running hook /etc/pm/sleep.d/01i8042 suspend suspend:
    /etc/pm/sleep.d/01i8042: 29: cannot create /sys/bus/platform/drivers/i8042/unbind: Directory nonexistent

Running hook /etc/pm/sleep.d/01i8042 resume suspend:
    /etc/pm/sleep.d/01i8042: 29: cannot create /sys/bus/platform/drivers/i8042/bind: Directory nonexistent
    Any suggestion what to do?

Most probably means you have a newer kernel that has this functionality removed. At this point you could try some/any of these: http://lightrush.ndoytchev.com/rando...42quirkoptions . If none of that works - I really don't know.

Beans

Thanks for your reply.

But I'm not sure how I need to try them? I did add the .reset one to the grub file as suggested earlier.

Is that where these lines should be tried out?

Yes. Try each and test. Luckily this issue has disappeared for me since 10.04. You might want to ask someone on the kernel mailing list. Upstream that is.
    Last edited by lightrush; March 14th, 2011 at 05:20 PM.

Beans

Sweet! i8042.nomux did it. I removed i8042.reset

Here is more about it https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s....20/+bug/86820

Thanks a lot! Believe I have a fully working Linux now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

worked miracles on ASUS UL30A-X4

Beans

Yes I know that this thread is a year old. However this helped me with Precise, so I'm going to go ahead and thank the OP.

Only one thing though... With the code for case standby, system wouldnt go into sleep. I commented it out. But on resume, the issue was solved with the code in case resume.

Yes I'm on a i8042 controller-Fujitsu Lifebook LH531. Thanks a lot. This was the only thing that worked for me. I was starting to think I couldnt ever let my laptop go into standby.

Beans

@lightrush

THANK YOU!
    THANK YOU!
    THANK YOU!
    THANK YOU!
    THANK YOU!

Mint 13 did not exhibit this behavior, and then Mint 14 started it.
    USB and bluetooth input both stopped working after a suspend/resume and it was very frustrating.

Tested on: HP NW8440

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345