Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does ubuntu 9.10 support gigabyte ga-p55 series motherboards

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Does ubuntu 9.10 support gigabyte ga-p55 series motherboards

Thanks for the suggestions, but looks like this is due to my PCI wireless card. I've tried reinstalling it, and I've even tried another one of the same model (Netgear WG511t) and still Linux hangs shortly into booting when I have the card installed. I don't really have another OS to try, though maybe I could try a different distribution. I've used these cards in multiple systems before without any problems.
    (Intel Core i7 860, 2x2GB, Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3L, Radeon HD 4550, Audigy2 ZS Platinum, Sonata) + Asus V6J + Lenovo IdeaPad U330
    YOU can make Kubuntu Lucid a solid distro | My Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Does ubuntu 9.10 support gigabyte ga-p55 series motherboards

Hmm, maybe try an older version of Ubuntu, 8.04 or 9.04. Or another distro if you want. I've had bad luck getting wireless working myself in any distro, ubuntu has been the easiest for me to get wireless working though, but its a bit of hit and miss with which wifi adapters work or not. My Dell XPS laptop wireless works perfect out of the box, but my Acer Aspire One is nothing but problems. Good luck with wifi . At least your system can install the OS fine without it installed, so the P55+i7-860 platform is not the problem.
    "Those folks who try to impose analog rules on digital content will find themselves on the wrong side of the tidal wave."
    -Mark Shuttleworth (CEO Canonical/Ubuntu)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12