Thread: Hello All

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie

Hello All

I figured since I just "joined" the Maryland LoCo team through Launchpad, I'd try to introduce myself.

I have been using Linux since 2001. Starting Redhat, then when they decided to go the enterprise route (sigh) moved to Fedora. After realizing how bloated Fedora was, I decided to look for something new. I then came across Ubuntu one day. To be honest, I have no idea how. This was before Ubuntu was as large, and widespread in the Desktop world, as it is today. Anyway, I've been addicted to Ubuntu ever since.

I have always been interested in computers and programming, and I believe I was attracted to Linux so much because it was different. It has grown on me since then. I've grown to respect the Linux and FOSS community now. Linux is no longer something new, it has become a passion of mine.

After becoming more comfortable with the operating system, and starting to answer more questions than asking, I decided I wanted to do something more to help the Ubuntu community. Enter the Maryland LoCo Team!

I look forward to meeting some of you in person on the 19th, and working with the team in your future endeavors.

Best Regards!

Dan Buhrman

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Re: Hello All

I just joined as well, just wanted to say welcome and look forward to working with you too.

The Maryland Loco team seems a little lacking. Whats the deal?
    My ubuntu system: For right now - Lenovo Ideapad S-10 2 with Ubuntu Netbook Remix ver. 9.10

"Life life for the love, or stop "

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Activity

Chuck's pretty active, but Maryland is pretty spread out. I have lots of opinions as to why, but I think there's a lot of apathy about computers in this state.

As for me: working in Rockville and community to/from Westminster is a fate I'd not wish on anyone. You won't see me at too many meetings because Columbia is pretty far out of my way, but I show up for the parties.

I started relatively recently, 2006. WGA and EULAs and a growing discontent with the proprietary software world kicked me over here. I'm an FSF member, and every once in a while Ubuntu reminds me why I should be using gNewSense, one of its many forks.

Beans

Re: Hello All

Welcome Dan. I think you will like the Ubuntu Forums.

Ken
    Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
    Registered Linux User: #486660