Thread: Sound fails after update

Beans

Sound fails after update

Installed Kubuntu 8.04, sound worked after install, then after installing all available updates sound no longer works. Laptop is an Acer Aspire 4520, uses snd-hda-intel. Any ideas on how to get sounds back?
    Desktop: AMD Athlon64 X2 3600+, Nvidia 8600GT, 3GB RAM, 80GB hd, Windows 7 Beta
    Lappy: Sony Vaio FW-140E, Intel P8400 2.26Ghz, 3GB Ram, 250GB HD, Intel x4500MHD, Windows 7 Beta & Kubuntu 8.10 w/ KDE 4.2

Beans

Re: Sound fails after update

After installing some updates with Windows Update and restarting, the computer booted into some program that attempted to correct an issue with start-up. All seemed to go well after restarting again following corrections until I realized that there was an absence of sound. In addition, the message "Open File - Security Warning" popped up many times at start-up, each representing a different program. This continued to happen for any other program opened afterward. Currently, I cannot get any sound to come out of my computer. I've done system restores, but these did not seem to help. Also, I've tried fiddling with the Intranet privacy settings in Internet Options, but to no avail. Any help would be immensely appreciated.
    ==================
    shapewear
    Unsecured Business Loans