Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Nvidia GT220 & Audio Device "0be2"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Nvidia GT220 & Audio Device "0be2"

I'll have to wait til I can find another screen to use with it before I can check that, though I don't think it would be listed on USB since it's in the PCIE slot. I'll report back here once I find out, thanks for the idea.
    It's always a good idea to "man" a command before you run it. I may not know what I'm doing, but I'm pretty sure my computer does.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gaelfx View Post
    I'll have to wait til I can find another screen to use with it before I can check that, though I don't think it would be listed on USB since it's in the PCIE slot. I'll report back here once I find out, thanks for the idea.
    Your onboard audio is in your PCIE slot? I'm sorry, I guess I misunderstood your original question...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

No, it's totally my fault, I completely misunderstood your question because I wasn't paying close enough attention. I meant the graphics card is in the PCI-E slot and that IT'S onboard audio chip shouldn't show up on lsusb, but now that I've had some caffeine, I know to tell you that I can't recall if the Realtek onboard audio is connected through a USB interface. Maybe I'll try plugging in the box to my network and then try to SSH in to get the info, then I'll actually answer your question. Sorry about that, against doctor's orders, I sometimes use computers without thinking.
    It's always a good idea to "man" a command before you run it. I may not know what I'm doing, but I'm pretty sure my computer does.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Ok, I finall got the TV to test out on, and lspci does list both audio components, I simply didn't notice before because I wasn't grepping. aplay -L, on the other hand, only seems to recognize the various methods of output for the Realtek onboard audio. Using separate speakers, the audio is fine and everything, but a bit of an inconvenience for obvious reasons. I guess we'll just have to hold tight while nVidia works their magic on the new drivers.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

i also have a gt220 and cannot get the audio to work

i installed the beta drivers from nvidia (195.30 BETA) and no change; so i guess we just have to keep waiting.
    Last edited by jammen33; January 20th, 2010 at 12:50 AM. Reason: added driver version

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Yeah, I would suggest waiting until the list of changes under tha beta drivers on nVidia's website actually say something regarding HDMI audio. You can also try checking the alsa mailing lists, but it looks like any questions that go in there never get a reply. I put a question into nVidia's support site, but so far no response, and that was about two days ago now. Just hold tight though, I really do think SOMEONE is working on this, maybe they're just too busy to actually tell anyone about the headway they are (or aren't) making with it.

Beans

Hi,

Any news regarding this issue?
    I have just mistakenly bought a GeForce 210, since i missed this thread

I have the same problem as everyone, should i get this card replaced? any hope?

please help

Beans

Sorry I can't offer any help (I wish I could) but I'm with you on this. I have a MythTV setup (more than $1000 invested) sitting idle waiting for this issue to be resolved. So count me as interested too... :-/

https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/al...ew.php?id=4771

This issue is opened and considered "minor" (not to me!) and remains unresolved. No new update since 1 month now.

Sigh...

Beans

I've managed to output audio over HDMI with my GeForce 210.

Refer to this thread:
    http://xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php...129#post502129

Beans

GT 220.
    Followed the wiki article in the above post and I now have sound through my HDMI port.

Link to wiki
    http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_s...20%2C_or_GT240

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast